Dell EqualLogic PS-M4110XS
Storage for a converged blade solution.
Our Price: $54,507.00
Our Price: $30,966.00
Converge your data center
Compute, network and store in a single PowerEdge™ M1000e blade chassis and help reduce your data center real estate, cable configurations and power/cooling requirements.
- Help reduce hardware and licensing costs with a converged blade solution featuring EqualLogic PS-M4110 Blade Arrays, PowerEdge M-Series servers and Dell Networking switches in one PowerEdge M1000e blade chassis.
- Consolidate server, storage and networking to help make the most of shared power and cooling resources for an efficient data center.
- Help lower operating costs with a converged infrastructure that is easy to deploy, requiring a fraction of the time to set up storage with minimal figuration steps.
- Enable server administrators to provision and control their own dedicated storage without engaging other departments.
Integrate enterprise-class storage with your blades
Gain highly flexible storage for your blade environment with a double-wide, half-height blade array that can be installed in any slot in the PowerEdge M1000e chassis.
- 14x 2.5” hot-swappable drives in a drawer-in-drawer blade design, with options for 7.2K NL SAS, 10K or 15K SAS, or a hybrid model combining 10K SAS and solid state drives (SSDs).
- 6Gbps SAS backplane.
- Dual, hot-pluggable 10GbE controllers for link, switch-failure and controller redundancy.
- Up to 2GB of memory per controller for improved performance.
- Dedicated management port for ongoing administration with EqualLogic Group Manager through either an out-of-band management network or an in-band SAN network.
- Cache-to-flash memory de-staging designed for improved data-access reliability.
Expand your storage with ease
Save time scaling storage capacity and performance simultaneously and non-disruptively with EqualLogic’s outstanding peer-scaling architecture.
- Grow system I/O and processor bandwidth automatically as you add capacity.
- Install up to four PS-M4110 arrays per blade chassis.
- Use two PS-M4110 arrays to make a PS series storage group, and scale up to 16 arrays per group outside the chassis using additional PS6xxx Series arrays.
Help simplify management and mitigate risk
Depend on centralized monitoring and reporting as well as powerful data protection with the enhanced all-inclusive software features of the EqualLogic PS-M4110 Blade Array.
- EqualLogic Array Software includes Group Manager and Manual Transfer Utility with effective SAN functions that automatically virtualize and optimize storage resources, help protect data and facilitate SAN management.
- Host Integration Tools, tightly integrated with Microsoft®, VMware® and Linux® operating platforms, help reduce the time spent on array management while increasing the reliability and performance of the storage environment.
- SAN HQ helps improve performance and effective allocation of group resources through centralized monitoring and analysis of multiple virtualized EqualLogic SAN groups in data centers distributed across different geographical sites.
Global services and supportReduce IT complexity, lower costs and eliminate inefficiencies by making IT and business solutions work harder for you. You can count on Dell for end-to-end solutions to maximize your performance and uptime. A proven leader in Servers, Storage and Networking, Dell Enterprise Solutions and Services deliver innovation at any scale. And if you’re looking to preserve cash or increase operational efficiency, Dell Financial Services has a wide range of options to make technology acquisition easy and affordable. Contact your Dell Sales Representative for more information.
The EqualLogic PS-M4110 Blade Array is available in four different configurations
Help improve storage capacity, performance and connectivity for your small or midsize business with the cost-effective EqualLogic PS-M4110E 10GbE iSCSI Blade Array.
- Up to 14 x 2.5”, 7.2K RPM NL-SAS or NL-SAS SED HDDs 1TB per drive
- Up to 14TB per array, up to 28TB per group inside the blade chassis
- Single- or dual-controller options
Deploy an excellent balance of cost-effective performance and capacity for a variety of applications with the Dell EqualLogic PS-M4110X 10GbE iSCSI Blade Array.
- Up to 14 x 2.5”, 10K RPM SAS or SAS SED (1.2TB drives only) HDDs
- 600GB or 900GB or 1.2TB per drive
- Up to 16.8TB per array, up to 33.6TB per group inside the blade chassis
- Single- or dual-controller options
Master critical applications with the high-performance Dell EqualLogic PS-M4110XV 10GbE iSCSI Blade Array.
- Up to 14 x 2.5”, 15K RPM SAS or SAS SED (300GB drives only) HDDs
- 300GB or 600GB per drive
- Up to 8.4TB per array, up to 16.8TB per group inside the blade chassis
- Single- or dual-controller options
Experience advanced tiering capabilities with SSD low-latency performance and HDD capacity in one storage solution with the Dell EqualLogic PS-M4110XS 10GbE iSCSI Blade Array.
- Up to 9 x 2.5”, 10K RPM SAS HDDs and 5 x 2.5” SSDs
- 600GB and 1.2TB HDD and 400GB and 800GB SSD
- Up to 14.8TB per array, up to 29.6TB per group inside the blade chassis
- Dual-controller option only
|Storage controllers||Dual controllers with 2GB non-volatile memory per controller
|Network interfaces||Redundant 10Gb connections available through Fabric A or B|
|Hard disk drives||Fourteen 2.5" hot-pluggable hard disk drives||Nine 10K SAS +|
|Five (5) SSD|
|Drive capacities||1TB 7.2K NL-SAS or NL-SAS SED||600GB, 900GB, or 1.2TB 10K SAS or SAS SED (SED 1.2TB)||300GB, 600GB 15K SAS or 300GB SAS SED||600GB or 1.2TB 10K SAS + 400GB or 800GB SSD|
|System capacities||14TB using fourteen (14) 1TB 7.2K NL-SAS drives or SEDs|| 8.4TB using fourteen (14) 600GB 10K SAS drives
12.6TB using fourteen (14) 900GB 10K SAS drives or SEDs
16.8TB using fourteen (14) 1.2TB 10K SAS drives
|4.2TB using fourteen (14) 300GB 15K SAS drives or SEDs
8.4TB using fourteen (14) 600GB 15K SAS drives
|14.8TB using the allotted configuration
Nine (9) 10K SAS drives and five (5) SSDs
|Volumes||Up to 256 per array/up to 512 per blade array-only group|
|Snapshots||128 per volume/up to 2048 per blade array-only group|
|Volume connections per PS Series group||Up to 512 per pool/up to 1024 per blade array-only group|
|Host protocol||Any standards-compliant Internet SCSI (iSCSI) initiators.|
Microsoft® Windows Server® including Hyper-V®,VMware® ESX Server™,Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® (RHEL),SUSE® Enterprise Linux® (SLES),Oracle® Linux,Oracle® Solaris™,IBM® AIX®,HP-UX,Mac OS® X,Citrix®,XenServer®,Novell®,NetWare®
For a complete list of supported OS versions including software initiators, NICs/CNAs, and HBAs, see the EqualLogic Compatibility Matrix on http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/storage/w/wiki/2661.equallogic-compatibility-matrix-07262013.aspx.
|RAID supported||RAID 5, RAID 6, RAID 10, and RAID 501||RAID 6 accelerated|
|TCP network support||IPv4 SAN and management traffic supported, and IPv6 SAN and in-band management supported|
|Expansion option||Can be combined with other EqualLogic PS Series arrays in the same SAN group online. A maximum of two PS-M4110 blade arrays can be in a group, up to four blade arrays per blade chassis. Additionally, the PS-M4110 can scale outside blade chassis to traditional EqualLogic arrays for up to sixteen in a SAN group.|
|Max Power input:||450W||450W||450W||450W|
|Weight:||27.54 lb (12.49 kg)||28.38 lb (12.87 kg)||27.82 lb (12.62 kg)||27.82 lb (12.62 kg)|
|Physical:||Half-height, double-wide storage blade|
|Height:||189 mm (7.44 inches)||189 mm (7.44 inches)||189 mm (7.44 inches)||189 mm (7.44 inches)|
|Width:||102 mm (4.015 inches)||102 mm (4.015 inches)||102 mm (4.015 inches)||102 mm (4.015 inches)|
|Depth:||515 mm (20.275 inches)||515 mm (20.275 inches)||515 mm (20.275 inches)||515 mm (20.275 inches)|
|Dependencies or Other Components||PS-M4110E||PS-M4110X||PS-M4110XV||PS-M4110XS|
|Blade enclosure||PowerEdge M1000e|
|Blade I/O modules||Dell Networking MXL 10/40GbE blade switch, PowerConnect M8024-k, M8428-k and 10Gb Ethernet Pass-Through-k modules with external switches|
|Power supplies and fans||Supplied by Dell PowerEdge M1000e blade enclosure|
|Rack support||See Dell PowerEdge M1000e blade enclosure|
Redundant hot-swappable controllers and hot-swappable disks, redundant network path via internal fabric wiring in M1000e chassis, redundant fans and power supplies provided by M1000e chassis
Enclosure Monitoring System
Automatic spare configuration and utilization
Automatic bad block replacement
Auto-Stat Disk Monitoring System (ADMS) to monitor health of data on disk drives
Dell Chassis Management Console (CMC) integration
EqualLogic Group Manager
EqualLogic SAN Headquarters multigroup performance and event monitoring tool
Ability to configure a separate management network
SNMP, telnet, SSH, HTTP, web (SSL), host scripting
Access control for iSCSI
Access control for management interfaces including RADIUS support
SNMP traps, email, syslog
Dell offers a wide range of professional services to simplify the assessment, design, implementation, management and maintenance of your IT environment, and to help you transition from platform to platform.
Dell ProSupport Enterprise Suite for PS Series
Dell ProSupport offers a suite of support services that enable you to choose support models based on how you use technology and where you want to allocate resources. We recommend Dell ProSupport Plus with SupportAssist for mission-critical systems or Dell ProSupport for premium hardware and software support for your Dell EqualLogic PS Series solution. Contact your Dell representative today for more information9.
Dell Enterprise Consulting Services
Our proven methodology and tools are derived from years of global field experience that help you design the right storage plan to mitigate risk and decrease costs while optimizing and simplifying your data management.
Dell Enterprise Deployment Services
ProDeploy Enterprise Suite10 offers a full range of deployment services and professional certifications to help you get more out of your technology starting on day one. Choose ProDeploy Plus for the most complete deployment offer available in the market, ProDeploy for expert configuration and installations, or Basic Deployment for worry-free hardware installations.
Dell Education Services
Decrease downtime, improve utilization and ensure business continuity with storage training from Dell Education Services. Choose from courses designed to introduce Dell Storage and prepare you for more advanced topics to courses that dive into the advanced features included in the storage solution and how to apply best practices. Learn more.
Software and Services for a complete SAN solutionDell delivers comprehensive end-to-end solutions with software and services options to help you store and manage your data more efficiently and cost-effectively. Included with your PS Series array purchase are the EqualLogic™ array software and host software — virtually all the tools your organization needs for a complete solution.
EqualLogic Array Software
- EqualLogic Group Manager helps to streamline storage and data management.
- EqualLogic Manual Transfer Utility minimizes downtime when transferring large amounts of data.
- EqualLogic PS Series Firmware is the foundation of the EqualLogic software family.
- Dell Storage Update Manager simplifies the upgrade process with guided update management.
Integrated across the entire family of EqualLogic PS arrays, the EqualLogic Firmware is a SAN operating system based on a unique peer storage architecture that:
- Virtualizes SAN resources
- Enables peer scalability of up to 16 arrays
- Provides intelligent data management functionality
- Automatically adjusts system resources
- Optimizes performance
EqualLogic Host Integration Tools
This family of host-based software provides tight integration between the PS Series array and the host. Dell provides host integration tools for Microsoft®, VMware® and Linux® environments to offer comprehensive data protection and reliable performance.
EqualLogic SAN Headquarters
Dell EqualLogic SAN Headquarters (SAN HQ) is a centralized monitoring and reporting tool that gathers and provides in-depth information on performance and capacity and provides alerts across multiple groups of PS Series arrays. SAN HQ with Support Assist further streamlines management and improves productivity with automatic case creation and case tracking.
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.
Our Price: $54,507.00
Our Price: $30,966.00