Dell Direct-Attached Storage
Directly Expand Your Server Storage Capacity
The Dell PowerVault MD storage family offers easy and economical expansion for the Dell PowerEdge servers and the PowerVault MD Series storage arrays, enabling high availability and scalability for demanding business applications.
The PowerVault MD family can use the same disk drives as the PowerEdge servers so you only need to stock a single type of spare drive, fan or power supply. PowerVault storage arrays are designed and engineered to pair perfectly with PowerEdge servers so you get a complete solution that enhances usability and can make support and service easier.
While managing rampant data growth can be challenging, the versatile Dell PowerVault MD Family offers solutions. Optimized for smaller-scale storage consolidation and virtualization, PowerVault MD products include a series of high-performance SAN and direct-attached storage arrays, high-capacity expansion enclosures and robust management software that deliver exceptional flexibility, scalability and value.
- Ability to connect up to four high-availability servers (or eight non-redundant servers) for balanced performance in mixed virtualized workloads
- Simple management with advanced MD Storage Manager software, an intuitive, easy-to-use, client-based Java application
- Wizard-based array management helps simplify the configuration process, detect and alert you to problems, and launch an automatic Recovery Guru to help in troubleshooting and resolution
- Drivers can be mixed and matched to create a tiered data environment
- Optional data protection features include point-in-time snapshots, virtual disk copy (VDC) and self-encrypting drives (SEDs)
- High-density direct-attached storage (DAS) designed to work with the latest generation of PowerEdge servers
- Up to 12 x 12Gb HDDs or SSDs
- Up to 960TB maximum capacity with eight MD1400 enclosures (each with 12 x 10TB 7200 rpm 3.5" SAS HDDs) per server
- Performance-optimized direct-attached storage (DAS) designed to work with the latest generation of PowerEdge servers
- Up to 24 x 6Gb or 12Gb 2.5" HDDs or SSDs
- Up to 192 high-speed HDDs or SSDs with eight MD1420 enclosures (each with 24 SAS 2.5" HDDs or SSDs) per server