MozyEnterprise Cloud Backup for Remote and Branch Offices
provides secure data protection on any Internet-connected device.
Sorry, this product is no longer available, Please contact us for a replacement.
Back up and protect your offsite data
Organizations are increasingly reliant on digital information; however, threats to that data present challenges to IT professionals who must protect it no matter where it resides.
Of particular concern is the data that’s being created at remote and branch offices, where data is not adequately protected, or worse, is not protected at all. Even if files are being backed up, remote and branch offices are typically protected by inconsistent processes that live outside corporate backup policies.
Often, unreliable tape devices result in “tape islands,” where each remote or branch office is responsible for its own backup processes. Unfortunately, such ad hoc processes are created and overseen by limited IT staff (or even non-technical staff) who depend on employee interaction to perform manual backup and recovery.
Complete data protection and control
MozyEnterprise® provides secure data protection through the EMC cloud, centralized management, enterprise-grade file encryption, and the ability to restore files through any Internet-connected device.
The solution is particularly suitable for remote and branch offices, including those with smaller server workloads. Initial backups for your Windows, Mac and Linux computers, and your VMware vSphere VMs are sent directly to the cloud. All new and changed information is backed up incrementally for fast and efficient daily data protection. One central administrator can manage the backups for the entire remote or branch office from a single web-based console.
Mozy’s uncomplicated and affordable license model saves you time and money with an enterprise-grade data backup solution that doesn’t take months to set up, require thousands of dollars of new hardware investment, or force you to hire more administrative help.
Uniquely suited for remote and branch offices
MozyEnterprise is an inexpensive solution compared to the cost of tapes, hardware, and ongoing maintenance typically associated with remote and branch offices. Benefits include:
- Easy to install and use software client allows for business files to be placed in preconfigured or custom backup sets where they are backed up over the web as scheduled by the administrator.
- Fast, near-continuous daily backups to the EMC cloud via the exisiting network.
- Remote and branch office employees can back up with an Internet connection without the need to connect to the corporate network.
- Centralized management via a web-based, multi-tenant console.
- Eliminate need for costly tape and associated hardware and maintenance costs.
- Data is encrypted during backup transfer and at rest in the EMC cloud.
Subadministrators can be empowered to manage remote and branch offices
The MozyEnterprise primary administrator can create subadministrators to manage backups at remote and branch offices. When empowered by a primary administrator, subadministrators can use the MozyEnterprise client to:
- Sign in using Active Directory credentials
- Select files and folders to back up
- Grant or deny access to Sync and the Mozy mobile app
- Set automatic and scheduled backups
- Configure options and bandwidth throttling
- Enable local backup with Mozy® 2xProtect™ for Windows
- Enable on-demand backups
- See a history of all backups
- Restore files and folders
Tools that provide protection
Whether from a remote or branch office or from corporate headquarters, Mozy’s web console allows the IT admin to:
- Easily manage backup, sync, and mobile access for tens of thousands of users
- Create subadministrators
- View account usage, history, and stats
- Generate and email reports automatically
- Securely integrate with Active Directory and other identity providers via LDAP for automated management of Mozy user accounts and SAML for SSO
- Customize configuration settings
Mozy Support representatives know the service, understand your technical configurations, and can help you resolve issues quickly. The Mozy Support team is available to Mozy customers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Seamlessly manage backup, sync, and mobile access for multi-user and server environments from a single web-based console.
Your data is safe with enterprisegrade encryption, world-class data centers, and EMC—a company built to last.
Keep costs low with no hardware to purchase and minimal overhead required.
Features and benefits
The many features in MozyEnterprise provide comprehensive backup protection to the EMC cloud for your users based at remote and branch offices:
- File scanning: Back up millions of files effortlessly with advanced file scanning.
- Data seeding: The initial upload of data to the cloud can be slow over the wire; Mozy® Data Shuttle™ lets move you gigabytes or terabytes of data to the EMC cloud quickly.
- Forever-incremental backups: After the initial backup, MozyEnterprise only backs up new or changed portions of files, saving time and bandwidth.
- Backup, sync, and mobile access together: Protect data and boost productivity securely. Mozy ensures that users can work with their most important files from wherever on their desktops, laptops, tablets, and smartphones.
- Easy account management: Manage multiple users with the multi-tenant, web-based Mozy Admin Console.
- Simplified storage management: Devices draw from a single pool of storage at the organizational level, so you don’t have to assign storage to every single device, saving you time and reducing administrative burden.
- Set up user groups: Organize users into meaningful groups by profile, space usage, feature availability, backup configuration, and more for easier administration.
- Federated Identity integration: Automatically trigger user creation, organizations, and removal in MozyEnterprise through Active Directory or other LDAP-capable directory service for secure, automated user provisioning and management.
- Single sign-on: Users log on with Active Directory credentials.
- Customized installations: Choose from user-assisted, background, and silent installation options through your software management system of choice.
- Automatic or scheduled backups: Mozy manages your backups so you don’t have to. Back up automatically or schedule your backups daily, weekly, or even multiple times a day.
- Customized configurations: Set policies on backup speeds, create customized backup sets, or define which file types should be backed up.
- Reliable data restores: Browse and search your backed up files, then restore any file versions created during the previous 90 days using our web portal, software client, or by ordering a media restore.
- Local backup: Windows users can back up locally to an external device as well as to the EMC cloud for double protection with Mozy 2xProtect.
- Standard and customizable backup sets: Use pre-defined backup sets of common file types, or create your own backup sets.
- Encryption: Backup and sync data is encrypted locally with enterprise-grade encryption prior to transfer, during transfer, and while at rest in the EMC cloud. Multiple encryption key options, including a customer-managed encryption key, provide added security.
- World-class data centers: EMC data centers employ the highest protection standards, including state-of-the-art security with 24x7x365 onsite monitoring.
- Maintain regulatory compliance: Mozy helps companies comply with standards such as Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), European Safe Harbor, Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS), EU federal data protection acts, and more.
- Audits and certifications: Mozy has successfully completed a Statements on Standards for Attestation Engagements (SSAE 16) examination and is International Organization for Standardization/International Electrotechnical Commission (ISO/IEC 27001) certified.
- Back up computers, servers, and more: Mozy backs up data on laptops, desktops, physical and virtual servers, and business-critical applications.
- Open and locked file support: Back up all open and locked files, including Outlook PST files.
- Version support: Restore from file versions up to 90 days in the past.
- Mobile app: Access stored data from any iOS or Android device with the free Mozy mobile app. Users can search, view, download, and send any file that is backed up on their MozyEnterprise account.
- Rich platform support: Mozy supports Windows 10, 8.1, 8.0, 7 and Vista; and Server 2016, 2012, 2012 R2 and 2008; Mac OS X 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7 and 10.6; Linux distributions, including CentOS, Debian, Fedora, Red Hat, and Ubuntu; and VMware vSphere (vCenter 5.5 or 6.0 with ESXi Server 5.0, 5.1, 5.5, or 6.0), and Microsoft Hyper-V.
- Single-instance storage: Duplicate files across your environment are backed up only once, saving bandwidth.
- Bandwidth throttling: Bandwidth usage can be throttled so that more or less of your upload bandwidth is used.
Download the MozyEnterprise Cloud Backup for Remote and Branch Offices Datasheet (PDF).