PowerVault NX400 Network Attached Storage
Single-socket, 1U rack mount NAS server
Sorry, this product is no longer available, Please contact usfor a replacement.
The next generation of affordable and reliable rack-mounted network-attached storage (NAS) offers you advanced data management and efficient data sharing. The Dell™ PowerVault™ NX400 array is designed to improve performance with the latest version of Microsoft® Windows® Storage Server.
Network attached storage that offers automated setup and data management capabilities for efficient data sharing.
- Single-socket, 1U rack mount NAS server
- Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2400 product family
- Up to 16GB2 memory
- Up to four hot-swap 3.5” NL-SAS or SAS drives for data and OS (OS partition is 120GB2)
- Up to 16TB2 raw capacity
The PowerVault NX storage appliances are easy to use and manage through a familiar, central management interface for stand-alone or cluster configurations:
- OS preinstalled for easy deployment
- Optimized for file serving with Windows Storage Server 2012 R2
Rely on high speed and efficiency with NAS appliances built on 12th generation PowerEdge rack mount server technology.
- The latest generation multi-core Intel® Xeon® processors
- Options for SATA, NL-SAS and SAS drives
The PowerVault NX family features Windows Storage Server 2012 R2 software offering Microsoft® Windows Server® 2012 R2 performance and versatility in the NAS appliances. It includes the latest SMB 3.0 features that support Hyper-V® and SQL Server®, continuous availability and failover clustering with NFS and Internet SCSI (iSCSI), as well as the automatic detection and use of multiple network connections between small and medium business (SMB) client and server.
Efficiently utilize your NAS capacity resources and optimize your disk space with integrated features within the PowerVault NX family, including:
- Data deduplication
- Thin provisioning
- DFS-R synchronization capabilities across limited bandwidth network connections in distributed and remote office environments
- Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) for SMB file shares that allows backup operations using snapshots of remote file shares supporting SMB-based server applications
- Work Folders that facilitate Bring-Your-Own-Device (BYOD), while maintaining a high level of security
- New Storage Spaces functionality that includes SSD write-back cache improved API that adds cluster awareness and remote management of Storage Spaces features
Spend less time managing data and more time building your business using either Microsoft® System Center and the Remote Desktop for Administration feature in Windows Storage Server 2012 R2, or the Integrated Dell Remote Access Controller (iDRAC7) Enterprise Edition to manage your data.
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.