Dell PowerEdge MX8116n Fabric Expander Module
Low latency 100 Gigabit Ethernet fabric expansion for the PowerEdge MX platform
The Dell Networking MX8116n Fabric Expander Module is a key component on the PowerEdge MX Platform for 100GbE Solution. This module transparently extends the networking capabilities of the Dell PowerSwitch Z9432FON to multiple PowerEdge™ MX7000 chassis, providing high performance networking at a low TCO.
The MX8116n extends the capabilities of the PowerSwitch Z9432F-ON to a total of fourteen MX7000 chassis and 112 PowerEdge MX compute sleds.
In addition to 8 internal 100GbE ports and 16 internal 25GbE ports, the MX8116n provides two QSFP56- Double Density uplink ports. Each QSFP56-DD port provides capacity for four 100GbE connections from PowerEdge MX compute sleds for a total of 400GbE of bandwidth per QSFP56-DD port, and 800GbE bandwidth per MX8116n.
Performance and latency
The non-blocking switching architecture in the PowerSwitch Z9432F-ON provides line-rate 100GbE L2 and L3 forwarding capacity to all connected servers. The MX8116n extends that capability to additional MX7000 chassis with a very low latency between any two compute sleds in a Multichassis group.
The design of the MX Scalable Multichassis group Architecture also allows for zero oversubscription between any two compute sleds in the fabric.
Zero touch management
The MX8116n runs a basic Linux UBoot operating system and have firmware that requires updating to keep “in sync” with the Fabric Switching Engine. It is transparently managed by the user to update through Command Line Interface on an MX7000 infrastructure.
|Dell EMC PowerEdge MX8116n Specifications|
- 100GbE Fabric Expander in PowerEdge MX Fabric A/B I/O sled form factor
- Power/Health LED
- ID LED
- Supported Optic LED
- Compute sled link/activity LEDs
- Size: 1.18”h x 17.11”w x 10.94”d
- Weight: 7.5lbs (3.4kg)
- Max. power consumption: 53.13 Watts
- Typ. power consumption: 19.5 Watts
- Max. operating specifications:
- Max. operating specifications:
- Standard Operating Temperature 10°C to 35°C (50°F to 95°F)
- Operating Relative Humidity 5% to 85%, noncondensing
- Max. non-operating specifications:
- Storage temperature: -40°C to 65°C (-40°F to 149°F)
- Storage humidity: 5 to 95% (RH), noncondensing
- Expanded Operating Temperature, Continuous Operation: 5°C to 40°C at 5% to 85% RH with 29°C dew point
- Note: Outside the standard operating temperature, the system can operate continuously in temperatures as low as 5°C and as high as 40C. For temperature between 35°C to 40°C, de-rate maximum allowable temperature by 1°C per 175m above 950m (1°F per 319 ft)
- Fresh Air Compliant to 45°C
- Redundant Power and Cooling provided by Dell EMC PowerEdge MX7000 Chassis
- UL/CSA 60950-1, Second Edition EN 60950-1, Second Edition
- IEC 62368-1, Second Edition Including all National Deviations and Group
- IEC 62368-1, Third Edition Including all National Deviations and Group Differences
- EN 60825-1 Safety of Laser Products Part 1: Equipment Classification Requirements and User’s Guide (for fiber module)
- EN 60825-2 Safety of Laser Products Part 2: Safety of Optical Fiber Communication Systems FDA Regulation 21 CFR 1040.10 and 1040.11 (for fiber module)
Emissions & Immunity
- Australia/New Zealand: AS/NZS CISPR 32:2015, Class A
- Canada: ICES-3/NMB-3, Class A
- Europe: EN 55035:2017, Class A
- Japan: VCCI-CISPR 32: 2016 Class A
- USA: FCC CFR 47 Part 15, Subpart B:2014, Class A
- EN 300 386 V1.6.1 EMC for Network Equipment
- EN 55035:2017
- EN 61000-3-2: Harmonic Current Emissions
- EN 61000-3-3: Voltage Fluctuations and Flicker
- EN 61000-4-2: ESD
- EN 61000-4-3: Radiated Immunity
- EN 61000-4-4: EFT
- EN 61000-4-5: Surge
- EN 61000-4-6: Low Frequency Conducted Immunity
- EN61000-4-8 Power Frequency Magnetic Field
- EN61000-4-11 Voltage Dips and Interruptions
- EN 50581:2012 All MX8116n components are EU RoHS compliant
Support & Services:
Dell Technologies offers complete end-to-end services
Optimizing the IT lifecycle is vital. We have expert services for all lifecycle phases that save you time and resources, reduce effort, and improve your IT experience.
Consulting services give expert guidance to help you grow, optimize and transform your IT environment at your own pace and budget. Dell employ a broad range of certified consultants and engineers, backed by program management teams, who can deliver deep technical expertise. Dell gives you the confidence that your project will be done right and on time.
Gain the freedom to focus on your business transformation with the support expertise and insights Dell is known for across the globe. Choose the right support based on the criticality of specific systems with available automated predictive analysis, collaborative third-party assistance and a Technology Service Manager.
ProDeploy Enterprise Suite helps you get more out of technology starting on day one. Residency Service provides ongoing transition assistance to accelerate adoption. Trust our experts to lead deployments from basic hardware installations through planning, configuration and complex integrations to help you achieve business outcomes today and tomorrow.
Training & Certification
Education Services offers an expansive suite of training services with multiple delivery methods, including instructor-led, self-paced online and virtual instructor-led training. With comprehensive and flexible training programs, we make it easy to ensure your staff has the skills they need to successfully manage and utilize your new technology to its full potential.
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.