Dell EMC PowerEdge R450
1U value-optimized server for general-purpose IT
Get a Quote!
The Dell EMC PowerEdge R450, with 3rd generation Intel Xeon Scalable processors, offers exceptional value and density with excellent performance. Deliver performance with a scalable, rack-dense server. Designed for small business IT infrastructure and lightweight virtualization.
Innovate at scale with challenging and emerging workloads
The Dell EMC PowerEdge R450 is a 1U, two-socket entry-level server that offers the best value for organizations seeking updated processing, I/O, and storage capabilities in a dense form factor. It lets you:
- Add additional power: Adds additional power with up to two 3rd generation Intel Xeon Scalable processors with up to 24 cores per socket
- Built with faster memory: Supports up to 16 DDR4 RDIMMS at 2933 MT/sec
- Improve throughput, reduce latency with up to 2 PCIe Gen4 slots
- Include flexible local storage: Offers up to 8x 2.5-inches HDDs or SSDs; or up to 4x 3.5-inches HDDs or SSDs
- Support distinctive needs: Perfect for smaller infrastructures and light virtualization demands
Increase efficiency and accelerate operations with autonomous compute infrastructure
The Dell EMC OpenManage systems management portfolio tames the complexity of managing and securing IT infrastructure. Using Dell Technologies’ intuitive end-to-end tools, IT can deliver a secure, integrated experience by reducing process and information silos in order to focus on growing the business. The Dell EMC OpenManage portfolio is the key to your innovation engine, unlocking the tools and automation that help you scale, manage, and protect your technology environment.
- Built-in telemetry streaming, thermal management, and RESTful API with Redfish offer streamlined visibility and control for better server management
- Intelligent automation lets you enable cooperation between human actions and system capabilities for added productivity
- Integrated change management capabilities for update planning and seamless, zero-touch configuration and implementation
- Full-stack management integration with Microsoft, VMware, ServiceNow, Ansible and many other tools
Built-in proactive resilience through a complete portfolio of solutions
From the silicon and supply chain all the way to asset retirement, know that your servers are safe and secure with innovative Dell EMC and Intel technologies. We give you the confidence of cyber resilience with enterprise class security that minimizes risk for any organization, from small business to hyperscale.
- Start strong with platform security features, even before the server is built, including Secured Component Verification and Silicon Root of Trust
- Stay strong with continuous innovations that bolster cyber resilience, like OpenManage Secure Enterprise Key Manager and Automatic Certificate Enrollment
- Outmaneuver threats with intelligence, automation, and recovery tools that include iDRAC9 Telemetry, BIOS live scanning, and Rapid OS recovery
Your innovation engine
The Dell PowerEdge R450 is a two-socket entry-level 1U server offering updated technologies and added value with faster processing speeds and flexible storage options.
Density-optimized general-purpose server
The Dell PowerEdge R450 with 3rd Generation Intel Xeon Scalable processors delivers the perfect combination of performance, density and affordability for general-purpose scale and web-tech deployments.
- Supports up to 24 cores per CPU, and up to 16x DDR4 RDIMMs at up to 2933 MT/s
- Built with a minimum footprint and enterprise compute to fit into a variety of environments
- Manage with iDRAC9 Enterprise, OpenManage Enterprise and Plugins, iDRAC Direct, and Quick Sync 2.0
- Full-stack management integration with Microsoft, VMware, ServiceNow, Ansible and many other tools for on-premises, edge and cloud environments
Systems Management and Security Solutions
OpenManage systems management
The Dell Technologies OpenManage systems management portfolio helps tame the complexity of your IT environment with tools and solutions to discover, monitor, manage, update, and deploy your PowerEdge infrastructure.
PowerEdge and OpenManage solutions integrate tools across the portfolio to help organizations automate the server lifecycle, optimize operations, and scale efficiently.
PowerEdge servers are made with a cyber resilient architecture that builds in security at every phase of the product lifecycle, from the silicon root of trust and secured component verification, to signed firmware and drift detection, to BIOS recovery.
|Dell EMC PowerEdge R450 Specifications|
|Processors||Up to two 3rd Generation Intel Xeon Scalable processors, with up to 24 cores per processor|
|Memory||Memory 16 DDR4 DIMM slots, supports RDIMM max 1 TB, speeds up to 2933 MT/s|
|Drive bays||Front bays:
|Cooling options||Air cooling|
|Form Factor||1U rack server|
|Bezel||Optional bezel or security bezel|
|Integrations and Connections||OpenManage Integrations
|Embedded NIC||2 x 1 GbE LOM|
|Network Options||1 x OCP 3.0|
|GPU options||Not supported|
|PCIe||2 PCIe Gen4 slots + PCIe Gen
|Operating System and Hypervisors||
|OEM-ready version availabe||From bezel to BIOS to packaging, your servers can look and feel as if they were designed and built by you.|
Support & Services:
Dell Technologies offers complete end-to-end services
Optimizing the IT lifecycle is vital. We have expert services for all lifecycle phases that save you time and resources, reduce effort, and improve your IT experience.
Consulting services give expert guidance to help you grow, optimize and transform your IT environment at your own pace and budget. Dell employ a broad range of certified consultants and engineers, backed by program management teams, who can deliver deep technical expertise. Dell gives you the confidence that your project will be done right and on time.
Gain the freedom to focus on your business transformation with the support expertise and insights Dell is known for across the globe. Choose the right support based on the criticality of specific systems with available automated predictive analysis, collaborative third-party assistance and a Technology Service Manager.
ProDeploy Enterprise Suite helps you get more out of technology starting on day one. Residency Service provides ongoing transition assistance to accelerate adoption. Trust our experts to lead deployments from basic hardware installations through planning, configuration and complex integrations to help you achieve business outcomes today and tomorrow.
Training & Certification
Education Services offers an expansive suite of training services with multiple delivery methods, including instructor-led, self-paced online and virtual instructor-led training. With comprehensive and flexible training programs, we make it easy to ensure your staff has the skills they need to successfully manage and utilize your new technology to its full potential.
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.
Get a Quote!