Dell EMC PowerEdge R640
Uncompromising performance and density
The PowerEdge R640 is the ideal dual-socket, 1U platform for dense scale-out data center computing. The R640 combines density, performance and scalability to optimize application performance and data center density.
Maximize application performance and density
The scalable business architecture of the R640 is designed to maximize application performance and provide the flexibility to optimize configurations based on the application and use case. With the R640 you can create an NVMe cache pool and use either 2.5” or 3.5” drives for data storage. Combined with up to 24 DIMM’s, 12 of which can be PMems or NVDIMMs, you have the resources to maximize application performance with the optimum configuration in only a 1U chassis.
- Simplify deployments and speed deployments with Dell EMC ready nodes for VSAN.
- Maximize storage performance with up to 10 NVMe drives or 12 2.5” drives.
- Scale compute resources with 2nd Generation Intel Xeon Scalable processors and tailor performance based on your unique workload requirements.
Automate maintenance with Dell EMC OpenManage
The Dell EMC OpenManage portfolio helps deliver peak efficiency for PowerEdge servers, delivering intelligent, automated management of routine tasks. Combined with unique agent-free management capabilities, the R640 is simply managed, freeing up time for high profile projects.
- Simplify management with the OpenManage Enterprise console, with customized reporting and automatic discovery.
- Take advantage of QuickSync 2 capabilities and gain access to your servers easily through your phone or tablet.
Guard your data center with built in security
Every PowerEdge server is designed as part of a cyber resilient architecture, integrating security into the full server life cycle. The R640 leverages new security features built-into every new PowerEdge server strengthening protection so you can reliably and securely deliver accurate data to your customers no matter where they are. By considering each aspect of system security, from design to retirement, Dell EMC ensures trust and delivers a worry-free, secure infrastructure without compromise.
- Rely on a secure supply chain that protects servers from factory to the data center.
- Maintain data safety with cryptographically signed firmware packages and Secure Boot.
- Protect your server from malicious malware with iDRAC9 Server Lockdown mode (requires Enterprise or Datacenter license).
- Wipe all data from storage media including hard drives, SSDs and system memory quickly and securely with System Erase.
Uncompromising performance and density for data center productivity and scale
The PowerEdge R640 is the ideal dual-socket platform for dense scale-out data center computing and storage. Benefit from the flexibility of 2.5” or 3.5” drives, the performance of NVMe and embedded intelligence to ensure optimized application performance in a secure platform. With embedded diagnostics and SupportAssist, the R640 delivers maximum uptime in a worry-free environment.
- Dense software-defined storage
- Service providers: application tier
- Dense private cloud
Drive transformation with the Dell PowerEdge portfolio
Data center evolution starts with modern platforms that easily scale and are optimized for application performance. The PowerEdge R640 is built upon a scalable system architecture and provides the choice and flexibility to easily meet performance demands.
- Simplify deployment and easily scale from 3 to 1000+ nodes for software-defined storage with Dell Ready Nodes.
- Maximize performance with up to 10 NVMe drives and 24 DIMMs, 12 of which can be DCPMMs or NVDIMMs
- Scale compute resources with 2nd Generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors, and tailor performance based on your unique workload requirements
Automate productivity with intelligent, embedded management
Dell automation and intelligent management mean you spend less time on routine maintenance so you can focus on bigger priorities.
- Help maximize uptime and reduce the IT effort to resolve issues by up to 72% with ProSupport Plus and SupportAssist.
- Leverage existing management consoles with easy integrations for VMware vSphere, Microsoft System Center and Nagios.
- Improve productivity with agent-free Dell iDRAC9 for automated, efficient management.
- Simplify deployment with OpenManage next-generation console and server profiles to fully configure and prep servers in rapid, scalable fashion.
Fortify your data center with comprehensive protection
Dell provides a comprehensive, cyber-resilient architecture with security embedded into every server to protect your data.
- Protect server configuration and firmware from malicious changes with new Configuration Lock-down.
- Use system erase of local storage to help ensure data privacy when you repurpose or retire servers.
- Automate updates that check file dependencies and proper update sequence, before deploying them independently from the OS/hypervisor.
- Take control of your firmware consoles with embedded authentication that is designed to allow only properly designed updates to run.
Systems Management and Security Solutions
OpenManage systems management
The Dell Technologies OpenManage systems management portfolio helps tame the complexity of your IT environment with tools and solutions to discover, monitor, manage, update, and deploy your PowerEdge infrastructure.
PowerEdge and OpenManage solutions integrate tools across the portfolio to help organizations automate the server lifecycle, optimize operations, and scale efficiently.
PowerEdge servers are made with a cyber resilient architecture that builds in security at every phase of the product lifecycle, from the silicon root of trust and secured component verification, to signed firmware and drift detection, to BIOS recovery.
|Dell EMC PowerEdge R640 Specifications|
|Processors||Up to two 2nd Generation Intel Xeon Scalable processors, up to 28 cores per processor|
|Form Factor||1U rack server|
|Bezel||Optional bezel or security bezel|
|Integrations and Connections||Integrations:
|I/O & Ports||
|Accelerator options||Up to 3 single-width GPU (NVIDIA T4) or up to 1 FPGA|
|Supported operating systems||
|OEM-ready version availabe||From bezel to BIOS to packaging, your servers can look and feel as if they were designed and built by you.|
Support & Services:
Dell Technologies offers complete end-to-end services
Optimizing the IT lifecycle is vital. We have expert services for all lifecycle phases that save you time and resources, reduce effort, and improve your IT experience.
Consulting services give expert guidance to help you grow, optimize and transform your IT environment at your own pace and budget. Dell employ a broad range of certified consultants and engineers, backed by program management teams, who can deliver deep technical expertise. Dell gives you the confidence that your project will be done right and on time.
Gain the freedom to focus on your business transformation with the support expertise and insights Dell is known for across the globe. Choose the right support based on the criticality of specific systems with available automated predictive analysis, collaborative third-party assistance and a Technology Service Manager.
ProDeploy Enterprise Suite helps you get more out of technology starting on day one. Residency Service provides ongoing transition assistance to accelerate adoption. Trust our experts to lead deployments from basic hardware installations through planning, configuration and complex integrations to help you achieve business outcomes today and tomorrow.
Training & Certification
Education Services offers an expansive suite of training services with multiple delivery methods, including instructor-led, self-paced online and virtual instructor-led training. With comprehensive and flexible training programs, we make it easy to ensure your staff has the skills they need to successfully manage and utilize your new technology to its full potential.
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.