Dell EMC PowerEdge R840
Turbocharge your data analytics
Get a Quote!
Designed to drive faster insights, the PowerEdge R840 delivers four-socket performance in a dense 2U design. Power your business-critical workloads with up to 24 direct-attached NVMe drives. Speed up data analytics for faster insights with this entry-level four-socket server. Designed to balance compute with extensive local storage.
Maximize performance for demanding workloads
The R840 delivers consistent, high performance results for data-intensive applications and data analytic workloads. With powerful 2nd Generation Intel Xeon Scalable processors and up to 112 cores, the R840 can quickly turn analytics into insights to drive your business forward faster. Create an optimal configuration of NVMe, SSD, HDD and GPU resources to address your most demanding workloads - all in a 2U chassis.
- Scale capacity and performance with up to 26 2.5” HDDs and SSDs, 62% more than the previous generation.
- Accelerate applications with up to 2 double-width GPUs or up to 2 FPGAs.
- Speed data transfers with a fully integrated ultra path interconnect across all four sockets.
- Eliminate bottlenecks with up to 48 DIMMs, including up to 24 PMems or 12 NVDIMMs.
Automate everyday tasks with Dell EMC OpenManage
The Dell EMC OpenManage portfolio helps deliver peak efficiency for PowerEdge server customers, delivering intelligent, automated management of routine tasks. Combined with unique agent-free management capabilities, the R840 is easy to manage, and by doing routine work automatically, you can free up time for higher-value projects.
- Unify monitoring and management of your IT infrastructure with OpenManage Enterprise.
- Utilize a variety of OpenManage integrations and connections to take advantage of your existing IT management platform.
- Take advantage of QuickSync 2 capabilities and gain access to your servers easily through your phone or tablet.
Guard your data center with built in security
Every PowerEdge server is made with a cyber-resilient architecture, delivering security into all parts of a server’s life cycle. The R840 uses these new security features so you can reliably and securely deliver the right data to where your customers are, no matter where they are. Dell EMC considers each part of system security, from design to end of life, to ensure trust and deliver worry-free systems.
- Rely on a secure component supply chain to ensure protection from factory to the data center.
- Maintain data safety with cryptographically signed firmware packages and Secure Boot.
- Protect your server from malicious malware with iDRAC9 Server Lockdown mode (requires Enterprise or Datacenter license)
- Wipe all data from storage media including hard drives, SSDs and system memory quickly and securely with System Erase.
Your innovation engine
The Dell EMC PowerEdge R840, powered by a 2rd Generation Intel Xeon Scalable processor, is the optimal rack server to address application performance and acceleration.
Power your business-critical workloads
The PowerEdge R840 accelerates business insights and delivers unprecedented performance density for your in-database analytics. Deliver consistent results for demanding applications with powerful, four-socket performance and large memory. Even as your workloads become more complex, OpenManage Enterprise simplifies management of your IT infrastructure so you can focus on your business objectives. Integrated security and proven reliability helps ensure maximum uptime in your enterprise data center.
- Data intensive applications
- Data analytics
Scale application performance for demanding data analytics workloads
The R840 offers versatile resources that allow you to meet changing business demands. Maximize performance and minimize latency with direct-attached NVMe drives.
- Boost performance with up to four 2nd Generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors and up to 112 processing cores
- Address large data sets with up to 48 DIMMs (24 of which can be DCPMMs) and up to 15.36TB of memory
- Scale capacity and performance with up to 26 2.5” HDDs/SSDs (up to 24 NVME drives)
- Accelerate applications with two doublewide GPUs or two FPGAs
- Speed data transfers with fully integrated ultra path interconnects (UPIs)
Automate everyday tasks
Reduce the time and effort required to manage IT environments with intelligent automation.
- Improve efficiency with agent-free iDRAC9 with Lifecycle Controller for automated, simplified management
- Deploy OpenManage Enterprise as a virtual appliance in your choice of ESXI, Hyper-V or KVM environments
- Use OpenManage Integrations or Connections to manage PowerEdge servers with existing console investments
- Resolve issues with up to 72% less IT effort using automated proactive and predictive technology from ProSupport Plus and SupportAssist.
Safeguard IT operations
Fortify your data center with comprehensive protection to protect, detect and recover from cyber-attacks. Maximize uptime with a cyber-resilient architecture and robust security features.
- Maintain data safety with cryptographically signed firmware packages and Secure Boot
- Detect and prevent unauthorized or malicious changes with Server Lockdown
- Ensure a trusted backup is used from a secure, hidden boot device with Rapid OS/BIOS recovery
- Wipe all data from storage media quickly and securely with System Erase
- Help deliver high availability with hot-pluggable drives and power supplies
Systems Management and Security Solutions
OpenManage systems management
The Dell Technologies OpenManage systems management portfolio helps tame the complexity of your IT environment with tools and solutions to discover, monitor, manage, update, and deploy your PowerEdge infrastructure.
PowerEdge and OpenManage solutions integrate tools across the portfolio to help organizations automate the server lifecycle, optimize operations, and scale efficiently.
PowerEdge servers are made with a cyber resilient architecture that builds in security at every phase of the product lifecycle, from the silicon root of trust and secured component verification, to signed firmware and drift detection, to BIOS recovery.
|Dell EMC PowerEdge R840 Specifications|
|Processors||Up to four 2nd Generation Intel Xeon Scalable processors, up to 28 cores each|
|Form Factor||2U rack server|
|Bezel||Optional bezel or security bezel|
|Integrations and Connections||Integrations:
|I/O & Ports||
|Accelerator options||Up to 2 doublewidth GPUs or up to 2 full-height FPGAs3|
|Supported operating systems||
|OEM-ready version availabe||From bezel to BIOS to packaging, your servers can look and feel as if they were designed and built by you.|
1 ESXi (only OS supported)
2 Available in China only.
3 GPUs/FPGAs not available with the 2 x 2.5” rear drive bay
Support & Services:
Dell Technologies offers complete end-to-end services
Optimizing the IT lifecycle is vital. We have expert services for all lifecycle phases that save you time and resources, reduce effort, and improve your IT experience.
Consulting services give expert guidance to help you grow, optimize and transform your IT environment at your own pace and budget. Dell employ a broad range of certified consultants and engineers, backed by program management teams, who can deliver deep technical expertise. Dell gives you the confidence that your project will be done right and on time.
Gain the freedom to focus on your business transformation with the support expertise and insights Dell is known for across the globe. Choose the right support based on the criticality of specific systems with available automated predictive analysis, collaborative third-party assistance and a Technology Service Manager.
ProDeploy Enterprise Suite helps you get more out of technology starting on day one. Residency Service provides ongoing transition assistance to accelerate adoption. Trust our experts to lead deployments from basic hardware installations through planning, configuration and complex integrations to help you achieve business outcomes today and tomorrow.
Training & Certification
Education Services offers an expansive suite of training services with multiple delivery methods, including instructor-led, self-paced online and virtual instructor-led training. With comprehensive and flexible training programs, we make it easy to ensure your staff has the skills they need to successfully manage and utilize your new technology to its full potential.
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.
Get a Quote!