Dell EMC PowerEdge R860
Power your business-critical workloads
The Dell PowerEdge R860 is a 2U, four-socket rack server. Maximize transformation and data-driven initiatives with a dense compute foundation.
Maximize your core operations with powerful, dense compute foundation
The R860 with a 2U air-cooled form factor and four (4) Intel Xeon Scalable Processors enables businesses to accelerate a wide variety of core and business-critical applications including databases, analytics, and other datadriven applications.
- With a maximum CPU core count of 60 cores and the ability to support 64 DDR5 DIMMs for a total of 16TB of memory, the R860 is large enough to run in-memory databases and multiple applications.
- Scale up business needs with support for up to 24 NVMe drives, DIMMs, 8 PCIe Gen5 slots for I/O expansion, LOM, and industry standard OCP to enable customers flexible network connectivity.
- Enable fast 1:1 CPU-I/O communications with PCIe Gen5 adaptor support.
Purpose-built operations and workload performance
- Harness the latest generation technologies including DDR5 memory, PCIe Gen 5.0, and NVMe SSDs to maximize data transformation, support large in-memory databases, and generate faster insights to drive the business forward.
- Leverage new workload accelerators built into each Intel Xeon processor that are purpose-designed for peak performance in traditional and emerging business applications.
- Deploy quickly with slim 2U form factor, enabling IT organizations to consolidate more operations into fewer, more powerful servers, and high density in air-cooled environments.
Cyber Resilient Architecture for Zero Trust IT environment & operations
Security is integrated into every phase of the PowerEdge lifecycle, including protected supply chain and factory-to-site integrity assurance. Silicon-based root of trust anchors end-to-end boot resilience while Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) and role-based access controls ensure trusted operations.
Increase efficiency and accelerate operations with an autonomous infrastructure
The Dell OpenManage systems management portfolio delivers a secure, efficient, and comprehensive solution for PowerEdge servers. Simplify, automate and centralize one-to-many management with the OpenManage Enterprise console and iDRAC.
From recycled materials in our products and packaging, to thoughtful, innovative options for energy efficiency, the PowerEdge portfolio is designed to make, deliver, and recycle products to help reduce the carbon footprint and lower your operation costs. We even make it easy to retire legacy systems responsibly with Dell Technologies Services.
Rest easier with Dell Technologies Services
Maximize your PowerEdge Servers with comprehensive services ranging from Consulting, to ProDeploy and ProSupport suites, Data Migration and more – available across 170 locations and backed by our 60K+ employees and partners.
Innovate where you never thought possible
Deploy massive compute anywhere with the latest family of powerful, secure servers engineered to accelerate automation and innovation.
Unleash your core potential
Maximize your outcomes with the extreme power and dense 2U compute foundation, engineered for analytics and transaction processing. Scale as you grow expansion and four CPUs allow you to adapt to demanding real-time business needs.
Built for business-critical
Accelerate a wide range of applications with this four-socket 2U air-cooled design. Deliver faster results from your core operations while consolidating into fewer, more powerful servers thanks to the latest 4th generation Intel® Xeon® scalable processors.
- Take advantage of four powerful Intel® Xeon® processors (up to 60 cores per processor) and up to 64 DDR DIMMs for 16TB of memory, supporting large in-memory databases
- Scale up with support for up to 24 drives and 8 PCIe Gen 5 expansion slots
- Experience fast deployments and high server density in an air-cooled environment thanks to the slim 2U architecture
Elevated operations and workload performance
Deploy and enable emerging business-wide applications including business management systems while concurrently supporting existing operations with powerful features and capabilities, using the latest technology.
- Maximize insights and data transformation initiatives to drive your business forward
- Leverage new workload accelerators built into each Intel® Xeon® processor, purpose-built for peak performance from traditional and emerging business applications alike
- Maximize your space, reduce management costs and drive more secure operations with fewer servers performing more operations
Systems Management and Security Solutions
OpenManage systems management
Tame the complexity of your IT environment with Dell Technologies OpenManage systems management portfolio which uses tools and solutions to discover, deploy, monitor, manage, update and secure your PowerEdge infrastructure.
Integrate tools across your portfolio with PowerEdge iDRAC, OpenManage Enterprise and CloudIQ solutions that help organizations automate their server lifecycles, optimize operations and scale efficiently.
Stay protected at every phase of the product lifecycle with the PowerEdge cyber resilient architecture that helps accelerate your adoption of a Zero Trust security strategy. From the silicon root of trust, secured component verification, signed firmware and drift detection to BIOS recovery and dynamic system lockdown, you can rest assured that your servers are secure.
|Dell EMC PowerEdge R860 Specifications|
|Processors||Up to four 4th Generation Intel Xeon Scalable processor with up to 60 cores per processor and with optional Intel® QuickAssist Technology|
Note: DLC is a rack solution and requires rack manifolds and a cooling distribution unit (CDU) to operate.
|Form Factor||2U rack server|
|Bezel||Optional LCD bezel or security bezel|
|Embedded NIC||2 x 1 GbE LOM card|
Note: The system allows either LOM card or an OCP card or both to be installed in the system
|Operating System and Hypervisors||
|OEM-ready version availabe||From bezel to BIOS to packaging, your servers can look and feel as if they were designed and built by you.|
Support & Services:
Dell Technologies offers complete end-to-end services
Optimizing the IT lifecycle is vital. We have expert services for all lifecycle phases that save you time and resources, reduce effort, and improve your IT experience.
Consulting services give expert guidance to help you grow, optimize and transform your IT environment at your own pace and budget. Dell employ a broad range of certified consultants and engineers, backed by program management teams, who can deliver deep technical expertise. Dell gives you the confidence that your project will be done right and on time.
Gain the freedom to focus on your business transformation with the support expertise and insights Dell is known for across the globe. Choose the right support based on the criticality of specific systems with available automated predictive analysis, collaborative third-party assistance and a Technology Service Manager.
ProDeploy Enterprise Suite helps you get more out of technology starting on day one. Residency Service provides ongoing transition assistance to accelerate adoption. Trust our experts to lead deployments from basic hardware installations through planning, configuration and complex integrations to help you achieve business outcomes today and tomorrow.
Training & Certification
Education Services offers an expansive suite of training services with multiple delivery methods, including instructor-led, self-paced online and virtual instructor-led training. With comprehensive and flexible training programs, we make it easy to ensure your staff has the skills they need to successfully manage and utilize your new technology to its full potential.
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.