Dell EMC PowerEdge R940xa
Extreme acceleration for Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
Sorry, this product is no longer available, please contact us for a replacement.
Rapidly transform data insights into business outcomes with the PowerEdge R940xa. The R940xa accelerates applications with powerful four-socket performance in a scalable 4U design. Drive GPU database acceleration for business-critical applications with a powerful, four-socket server. Scale capacity with large internal storage.
Accelerate application performance
The PowerEdge R940xa drives GPU database acceleration to deliver real-time decisions for compute-intensive applications. By combining four CPUs with four GPUs, the R940xa delivers consistent high performance for demanding applications. The R940xa allows you to dynamically scale capacity and performance as your business-critical workloads evolve including:
- Maximizing performance with 2nd Generation Intel Xeon Scalable processors, up to 112 cores.
- Choosing up to 4 double-width GPUs or up to 4 double-width or 8 single-width FPGAs for application acceleration.
- Supporting large data sets with up to 48 DIMMs (24 of which can be PMems) and up to 15.36TB of memory.
- Scaling on-premise capacity with up to 32 x. 2.5” HDDs/SSDs and up to 4 direct-attached NVMe drives.
- Expanding quickly with up to 12 PCIe slots for external device connections.
Streamline operations with Dell EMC OpenManage
The Dell EMC OpenManage portfolio helps simplify IT operations across your data center, delivering intelligent, automated management of routine tasks. Combined with unique agent-free management capabilities, the R940xa is simply managed, freeing up time for high profile projects.
- Utilize a variety of OpenManage integrations and connections to take advantage of your existing IT management platform.
- Take advantage of QuickSync 2 capabilities and gain access to your servers easily through your phone or tablet.
Deliver comprehensive data center protection with built-in security
Every PowerEdge server is made with a cyber-resilient architecture, delivering security into all parts of a server’s life cycle. The R940xa uses these new security features so you can reliably and securely deliver the right data to where your customers are, no matter where they are. Dell EMC considers each part of system security, from design to end of life, to ensure trust and deliver worry-free systems. Rely on a secure component supply chain to ensure protection from factory to the data center.
- Maintain data safety with cryptographically signed firmware packages and Secure Boot.
- Protect your server from malicious malware with iDRAC9 Server Lockdown mode (requires Enterprise or Datacenter license)
- Wipe all data from storage media including hard drives, SSDs and system memory quickly and securely with System Erase.
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.