Dell EMC PowerEdge T440
Balance performance and storage demands
Get a Quote!
The PowerEdge T440 tower server delivers powerful 2-socket performance, expandability and quiet operation to your small-to mid-sized business (SMB) and remote office/branch office (ROBO) sites. Outstanding efficiency helps you keep operating expenses in check as your requirements evolve.
Adapt and scale with an expandable, virtualization-ready platform
The PowerEdge T440 brings you flexibility with a rack-capable tower platform, short 22-inch depth and quiet acoustics that are right for your office or data center. The T440 is an excellent fit for a wide range of office workloads, including work group collaboration and productivity applications, mail and messaging, file and print serving, and web serving. Easily adapt to your dynamic business requirements with performance, capacity and I/O options.
- Boost performance with next-generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors.
- Drive application response times faster with 33% more capacity for data-in-memory.
Intuitive systems management with intelligent automation
PowerEdge servers with embedded iDRAC offer agent-free management right out of the box, delivering smart automation of routine tasks. The T440 is easily managed which frees up time for work priorities.
- Simplify and automate management of your Dell EMC infrastructure with OpenManage Enterprise.
- Increase IT data protection and integrity with the embedded security features of iDRAC9.
Rely on PowerEdge with integrated security
Every PowerEdge server is made with a cyber-resilient architecture, building security into all parts of a server’s life cycle. The T440 uses these new security features so you can reliably and securely deliver the right data to where your customers are, no matter where they are. Dell EMC considers each part of system security, from design to end of life, to ensure trust and deliver worry-free, secure systems.
- Rely on a secure supply chain that protects servers from the factory to the data center.
- Maintain data safety with cryptographically signed firmware packages and Secure Boot.
- Protect your server from malicious malware with iDRAC9 Server Lockdown mode (requires Enterprise or Datacenter license).
- Wipe all data from storage media including hard drives, SSDs and system memory quickly and securely with System Erase.
Accelerate modern workloads with an expandable platform
Adapt to changing workloads with the versatile PowerEdge T440, an ideal entry-level server for small-to mid-sized business (SMB) and remote office/branch office (ROBO) sites. The T440 brings you flexibility with a rackable tower form factor, short 22-inch depth and quiet acoustics that are right for your office or data center. Meet your unique requirements with future-proof performance, capacity and I/O options.
- Workgroup collaboration and productivity
- Mail and messaging
- File and print serving
- Web serving
- Database applications
- Server consolidation and virtualization
Adapt and scale to dynamic business needs with greater flexibility
Designed to grow with you, the PowerEdge T440 server is built on a scalable business architecture so you can continually optimize your performance and capacity. Outstanding efficiency helps you keep operating expenses in check as your requirements evolve.
- Scale compute resources with 2nd Generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors and all-new memory architecture.
- Automatically optimize application performance with one-button tuning.
- Grow data over time with up to 8 x 3.5" or 16 x 2.5" drives.
- Boost I/O performance with 5 x PCIe Gen3 I/O slots.
Enhance productivity with intelligent automation
Dell OpenManage intelligent automation enables you to spend less time on routine maintenance so you can focus on business-critical priorities.
- Help maximize uptime and reduce the IT effort to resolve issues by up to 72% with ProSupport Plus and SupportAssist.
- Leverage existing management consoles with easy integrations for VMware vSphere, Microsoft System Center and Nagios.
- Improve productivity with agent-free Dell iDRAC9 for automated management.
- Simplify deployment with OpenManage next-generation console and server profiles to configure and prep servers rapidly and scalably.
Protect your customers and your business with integrated security
A comprehensive, cyber-resilient architecture with security embedded into every server helps to protect your data.
- Protect server configuration and firmware from malicious changes with new Configuration Lock-down.
- Use system erase of local storage to help ensure data privacy when you repurpose or retire servers.
- Automate updates that check file dependencies and proper update sequence, before deploying them independently from the OS/hypervisor.
- Take control of your firmware consoles with embedded authentication that is designed to allow only properly signed updates to run.
Systems Management and Security Solutions
OpenManage systems management
The Dell Technologies OpenManage systems management portfolio helps tame the complexity of your IT environment with tools and solutions to discover, monitor, manage, update, and deploy your PowerEdge infrastructure.
PowerEdge and OpenManage solutions integrate tools across the portfolio to help organizations automate the server lifecycle, optimize operations, and scale efficiently.
PowerEdge servers are made with a cyber resilient architecture that builds in security at every phase of the product lifecycle, from the silicon root of trust and secured component verification, to signed firmware and drift detection, to BIOS recovery.
|Dell EMC PowerEdge T440 Specifications|
|Processors||Up to two 2nd Generation Intel Xeon Scalable processors, up to 16 cores per processor|
|Dimension||Max depth: 594.82 mm|
|Form Factor||5U tower or rack server|
|Bezel||Optional security bezel|
|Integrations and Connections||Integrations:
||Embedded NIC||2 x 1 GbE LOM||GPU Options||Not supported|
|I/O & Ports||
|Supported Operating Systems||
|OEM-Ready Version Available||From bezel to BIOS to packaging, your servers can look and feel as if they were designed and built by you.|
Support & Services:
Dell Technologies offers complete end-to-end services
Optimizing the IT lifecycle is vital. We have expert services for all lifecycle phases that save you time and resources, reduce effort, and improve your IT experience.
Consulting services give expert guidance to help you grow, optimize and transform your IT environment at your own pace and budget. Dell employ a broad range of certified consultants and engineers, backed by program management teams, who can deliver deep technical expertise. Dell gives you the confidence that your project will be done right and on time.
Gain the freedom to focus on your business transformation with the support expertise and insights Dell is known for across the globe. Choose the right support based on the criticality of specific systems with available automated predictive analysis, collaborative third-party assistance and a Technology Service Manager.
ProDeploy Enterprise Suite helps you get more out of technology starting on day one. Residency Service provides ongoing transition assistance to accelerate adoption. Trust our experts to lead deployments from basic hardware installations through planning, configuration and complex integrations to help you achieve business outcomes today and tomorrow.
Training & Certification
Education Services offers an expansive suite of training services with multiple delivery methods, including instructor-led, self-paced online and virtual instructor-led training. With comprehensive and flexible training programs, we make it easy to ensure your staff has the skills they need to successfully manage and utilize your new technology to its full potential.
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.
Get a Quote!