Dell PowerEdge XE9640
Accelerate AI insights with optimized performance
The Dell EMC PowerEdge XE8640 is a supercharge your compute performance, 2U system designed to optimize the latest industry technologies. Meet the demands of AI, ML, DL and HPC with this high performance liquid-cooled server.
Density optimized AI acceleration
Deliver real-time insights with Dell’s first liquid-cooled 4-way GPU platform in the XE9640 2U server, designed to drive the latest cutting-edge AI, Machine Learning and Deep Learning Neural Network applications.
- Combined with high core count of up to 56 cores in the new generation of Intel® Xeon® processors and the most GPU memory and bandwidth available today to break through the bounds of today’s and tomorrow’s AI computing.
- The offer is either four NVIDIA H100 700W SXM GPUs fully interconnected with NVlink, or four Intel Data Center Max GPU series 1550 600W OAM GPUs, fully interconnected with XeLink.
- Ideal 2U form factor building block for dense Supercomputer and HPC acceleration workloads and applications
- Supports Rack Liquid Cooling Infrastructure: Cool IT with 42U XE9640 rack manifold and 48U XE9640 rack manifold
Accelerated I/O throughput
- Deploy latest generation technologies including DDR5, XeLink, NVLink, PCIe Gen 5.0, and NVMe SSDs to push the boundaries of data flow and computing possibilities.
- Up to four PCIe Gen 5 slots and up to 8 drives enable optimal expansion for high-performance real-time AI operations.
- Direct liquid-cooled Processors and GPUs enable efficient cooling for highest performance, efficient powerutilization and lower TCO
- Dell Multi-vector cooling manages components to operate optimally
Cyber Resilient Architecture for Zero Trust IT environment & operations
Security is integrated into every phase of the PowerEdge lifecycle, including protected supply chain and factory-to-site integrity assurance. Silicon-based root of trust anchors end-to-end boot resilience while Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) and role-based access controls ensure trusted operations.
Increase efficiency and accelerate operations with an autonomous infrastructure
The Dell OpenManage systems management portfolio delivers a secure, efficient, and comprehensive solution for PowerEdge servers. Simplify, automate and centralize one-to-many management with the OpenManage Enterprise console and iDRAC.
From recycled materials in our products and packaging, to thoughtful, innovative options for energy efficiency, the PowerEdge portfolio is designed to make, deliver, and recycle products to help reduce the carbon footprint and lower your operation costs. We even make it easy to retire legacy systems responsibly with Dell Technologies Services.
Rest easier with Dell Technologies Services
Maximize your PowerEdge Servers with comprehensive services ranging from Consulting, to ProDeploy and ProSupport suites, Data Migration and more – available across 170 countries and backed by our 60K+ employees and partners.
Innovate where you never thought possible
Deploy massive compute anywhere with the latest family of powerful, secure servers engineered to accelerate automation and innovation.
Unlock the potential in your initiatives and deliver real-time insights with this density-optimized server built for AI. Experience faster time-to-value with the NVIDIA® H100 or Intel® Data Center Max 1550 GPU and Dell Smart Cooling technology.
Accelerate your performance
Rapidly develop, train and deploy large machine learning models. Accelerate complex HPC applications and drive a wide range of complex processing needs. XE9640 delivers outstanding performance using Intel® CPUs and new Intel® Data Center Max Series GPUs.
- Break through boundaries with two 4th generation Intel Xeon processors and four Intel® Max Series 1550 GPUs interconnected with Xe Link or four NVIDIA H100 GPUs interconnected with NVLink
- Increase performance and speed with liquid cooled CPUs and GPUs
- Be more efficient with a slim 2U form factor and rack installation for high-density deployments
Built so you can scale seamlessly
Deploy and enable HPC applications and AI workloads across your business.
- Efficiently cool data center and HPC cluster operations with Dell Smart Cooling technology with Direct Liquid Cooling on all CPUs and GPUs
- Scale effectively with up to 32 DDR5 memory DIMM slots, up to four drives and up to 4 PCIe Gen5 expansion slots
- Deploy AI operations with confidence thanks to built-in security features including Secured Component Verification and Silicon Root of Trust
Systems Management and Security Solutions
OpenManage systems management
Tame the complexity of your IT environment with Dell Technologies OpenManage systems management portfolio which uses tools and solutions to discover, deploy, monitor, manage, update and secure your PowerEdge infrastructure.
Integrate tools across your portfolio with PowerEdge iDRAC, OpenManage Enterprise and CloudIQ solutions that help organizations automate their server lifecycles, optimize operations and scale efficiently.
Stay protected at every phase of the product lifecycle with the PowerEdge cyber resilient architecture that helps accelerate your adoption of a Zero Trust security strategy. From the silicon root of trust, secured component verification, signed firmware and drift detection to BIOS recovery and dynamic system lockdown, you can rest assured that your servers are secure.
|Dell PowerEdge XE9640 Specifications|
|CPU||Two 4th Generation Intel Xeon Scalable processors with up to 56 cores per processor|
|Drive bays||Front Bays
|Power Supplies||2800W Titanium 200-240 VAC or 240 VDC, hot swap redundant Note: Mixed vendor PSUs in the same chassis is not recommended|
|Chipset||Intel C741 chipset|
|PCIe||2 CPU configuration: Up to 4 PCIe slots (4 x16 Gen5)|
|Embedded NIC||2 x 1 GbE (optional)|
|Network Options||1 x OCP 3.0 (x8 PCIe lanes)|
|Dimensions and weight||
|Form Factor||2U rack server|
|Bezel||Optional LCD bezel or security bezel|
|Operating Systems and Hypervisors||
|OEM-ready version available||From bezel to BIOS to packaging, your servers can look and feel as if they were designed and built by you.|
Support & Services:
Dell Technologies offers complete end-to-end services
Optimizing the IT lifecycle is vital. We have expert services for all lifecycle phases that save you time and resources, reduce effort, and improve your IT experience.
Consulting services give expert guidance to help you grow, optimize and transform your IT environment at your own pace and budget. Dell employ a broad range of certified consultants and engineers, backed by program management teams, who can deliver deep technical expertise. Dell gives you the confidence that your project will be done right and on time.
Gain the freedom to focus on your business transformation with the support expertise and insights Dell is known for across the globe. Choose the right support based on the criticality of specific systems with available automated predictive analysis, collaborative third-party assistance and a Technology Service Manager.
ProDeploy Enterprise Suite helps you get more out of technology starting on day one. Residency Service provides ongoing transition assistance to accelerate adoption. Trust our experts to lead deployments from basic hardware installations through planning, configuration and complex integrations to help you achieve business outcomes today and tomorrow.
Training & Certification
Education Services offers an expansive suite of training services with multiple delivery methods, including instructor-led, self-paced online and virtual instructor-led training. With comprehensive and flexible training programs, we make it easy to ensure your staff has the skills they need to successfully manage and utilize your new technology to its full potential.
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.