Dell PowerEdge XE9680
Experience extreme acceleration for AI/ML/DL training with Dell’s first 8-way GPU server
Rapidly develop, train and deploy large machine learning models with this high-performance application server made for artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning and deep learning. Dell's PowerEdge XE9680 delivers the industry’s best AI performance.
No compromise AI infrastructure
Turbocharge your application performance with Dell’s first 8-way GPU platform in the XE9680 6U server, designed to drive the latest cutting-edge AI, Machine Learning and Deep Learning Neural Network applications.
- Combined with high core count of up to 56 cores in the new generation of Intel Xeon processors and the most GPU memory and bandwidth available today to break through the bounds of today’s and tomorrow’s AI computing.
- Choose between 8 NVIDIA H100 700W SXM5 for extreme performance or 8 NVIDIA A100 500W SXM4 GPUs for a balance of performance and power, fully interconnected with NVIDIA NVLink technology.
- Improve training performance with up to 900GB/s bandwidth for GPU-GPU communication, 1.5x more than the previous generation.
- Host multi-tenant environments using virtualization options like NVIDIA Multi-Instance GPU (MIG) capability.
Accelerated I/O throughput
- Deploy latest generation technologies including DDR5, NVLink, PCIe Gen 5.0, and NVMe SSDs to push the boundaries of data flow and computing possibilities.
- Up to 10 front-facing PCIe Gen 5 slots and up to 16 drives enable optimal expansion for high-performance real-time AI operations.
- Supports NVIDIA GDS (GPUDirect Storage), a direct data path for direct memory access (DMA) transfers between GPU memory and storage, increasing system bandwidth and decreasing latency and utilization load on the CPU
- NVIDIA-Certified System capable to maximize operations with NVIDIA GPUs.
Cyber Resilient Architecture for Zero Trust IT environment & operations
Security is integrated into every phase of the PowerEdge lifecycle, including protected supply chain and factory-to-site integrity assurance. Silicon-based root of trust anchors end-to-end boot resilience while Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) and role-based access controls ensure trusted operations.
Increase efficiency and accelerate operations with an autonomous infrastructure
The Dell OpenManage systems management portfolio delivers a secure, efficient, and comprehensive solution for PowerEdge servers. Simplify, automate and centralize one-to-many management with the OpenManage Enterprise console and iDRAC.
From recycled materials in our products and packaging, to thoughtful, innovative options for energy efficiency, the PowerEdge portfolio is designed to make, deliver, and recycle products to help reduce the carbon footprint and lower your operation costs. We even make it easy to retire legacy systems responsibly with Dell Technologies Services.
Rest easier with Dell Technologies Services
Maximize your PowerEdge Servers with comprehensive services ranging from Consulting, to ProDeploy and ProSupport suites, Data Migration and more – available across 170 countries and backed by our 60K+ employees and partners.
Innovate where you never thought possible
Deploy massive compute anywhere with the latest family of powerful, secure servers engineered to accelerate automation and innovation.
No-compromise accelerated AI
Rapidly develop, train and deploy large machine learning models with this high-performance application server designed for HPC super computing clusters and the largest data sets for AI, used for large scale natural language processing, recommendation engines and neural network applications.
Powerful and flexible
Drive fastest-time-to-value and no-compromise AI acceleration with Intel CPUs NVIDIA GPUs and next generation technology for memory, storage and expansion to achieve the highest performance.
- Break through boundaries with two 4th generation Intel Xeon processors and eight NVIDIA H100 GPUs interconnected with NVLink
- Flexibility to choose 8x H100 700W 80GB SXM5 GPUs for extreme performance or 8x A100 500W 80GB SXM4 GPUs for a balance of performance and power
- Operate air-cooled (up to 35°C) with improved energy efficiency from Dell Smart Cooling technology
Scale seamlessly and securely
Deploy and enable AI business-wide and for all your AI initiatives with powerful features and capabilities, using the latest technology.
- Scale up your needs supporting up to 32 DDR5 memory DIMM slots, up to 8 U.2 drives and up to 10 front facing PCIe Gen 5 expansion slots
- Deploy AI operations confidently with built-in platform security features, even before the server is built, including Secured Component Verification and Silicon Root of Trust
- Manage your AI operations efficiently and consistently with full iDRAC compliance and Open Management Enterprise (OME) support for all PowerEdge servers
Systems Management and Security Solutions
OpenManage systems management
Tame the complexity of your IT environment with Dell Technologies OpenManage systems management portfolio which uses tools and solutions to discover, deploy, monitor, manage, update and secure your PowerEdge infrastructure.
Integrate tools across your portfolio with PowerEdge iDRAC, OpenManage Enterprise and CloudIQ solutions that help organizations automate their server lifecycles, optimize operations and scale efficiently.
Stay protected at every phase of the product lifecycle with the PowerEdge cyber resilient architecture that helps accelerate your adoption of a Zero Trust security strategy. From the silicon root of trust, secured component verification, signed firmware and drift detection to BIOS recovery and dynamic system lockdown, you can rest assured that your servers are secure.
|Dell PowerEdge XE9680 Specifications|
|CPU||Two 4th Generation Intel Xeon Scalable processors with up to 56 cores per processor|
|Drive bays||Front Bays
|Power Supplies||2800W Titanium 200-240 VAC or 240 VDC, hot swap redundant|
|Cooling Options||Air cooling|
|Chipset||Intel C741 chipset|
|PCIe||Up to 10 x16 Gen5 (x16 PCIe) full-height, half-length|
|Embedded NIC||2 x 1 GbE|
|Network Options||1 x OCP 3.0 (x8 PCIe lanes)|
|Dimensions and weight||
|Form Factor||6U rack server|
|Bezel||Optional LCD bezel or security bezel|
|Operating Systems and Hypervisors||
|OEM-ready version available||From bezel to BIOS to packaging, your servers can look and feel as if they were designed and built by you.|
Support & Services:
Dell Technologies offers complete end-to-end services
Optimizing the IT lifecycle is vital. We have expert services for all lifecycle phases that save you time and resources, reduce effort, and improve your IT experience.
Consulting services give expert guidance to help you grow, optimize and transform your IT environment at your own pace and budget. Dell employ a broad range of certified consultants and engineers, backed by program management teams, who can deliver deep technical expertise. Dell gives you the confidence that your project will be done right and on time.
Gain the freedom to focus on your business transformation with the support expertise and insights Dell is known for across the globe. Choose the right support based on the criticality of specific systems with available automated predictive analysis, collaborative third-party assistance and a Technology Service Manager.
ProDeploy Enterprise Suite helps you get more out of technology starting on day one. Residency Service provides ongoing transition assistance to accelerate adoption. Trust our experts to lead deployments from basic hardware installations through planning, configuration and complex integrations to help you achieve business outcomes today and tomorrow.
Training & Certification
Education Services offers an expansive suite of training services with multiple delivery methods, including instructor-led, self-paced online and virtual instructor-led training. With comprehensive and flexible training programs, we make it easy to ensure your staff has the skills they need to successfully manage and utilize your new technology to its full potential.
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.