Dell PowerVault NX3100 Network Attached Storage
Consolidate your file servers and make your information sharing more efficient
Sorry, this product is no longer available, Please contact usfor a replacement.
The PowerVault™ NX3100 is a capacity-dense, dedicated network attached storage (NAS) solution that’s integrated with enhanced file-sharing software and designed to help smaller offices stay efficient and productive. The NX3100 is also flexible enough to support applications (block data) that help people with limited resources save time by eliminating the need to manage separate types of storage.
- Supports up to 24TB in a compact 2U chassis
- Expands up to 384TB total external capacity with Dell PowerVault, EqualLogic™ and EMC™ arrays
- Ships with everything you need — the automated initial setup and configuration wizard lets you easily set and forget
Share up to 576TB of Files and Application Data.
- Grow capacity internally up to 36TB, using 12 data drives in a compact 2U chassis. Choose from 450GB/600GB SAS or 1TB/2TB/3TB near-line SAS The NX3100 system grows with your business needs.
- Expand capacity externally with a wide selection of Dell’s PowerVault arrays for up to 576TB maximum capacity.
- Manage your data with the built-in data management software. Create policy based actions to move, backup or otherwise manage the lifecycle of your data.
- Deliver better managed file services across Server Message Block (SMB) and NFS with File Services Resource Manager (FSRM).
By merging file servers and block storage into one PowerVault NX3100 system, you can manage more with less effort. This enables you to leverage existing protocols, technologies and IP infrastructure, cutting your system-wide deployment and management costs for info-sharing across both file and block data.
Storage technology that works for you
The NX3100 offers of the right mix of high storage capacity and software to keep your storage network highly efficient. The factory-installed Windows Storage Server 2008 R2 x64 operating system condenses the top file-serving features from Windows Server 2008 and adds advanced storage management features designed for faster, more efficient and more reliable file sharing.
Block and file storage, Single Instant Storage and internal as well as external capacity expansion. The smart integration of these SMB critical features help ensure that your storage investment is protected for years to come.
Set Up and Manage with Ease
The PowerVault NX3100 integrates everything you need, right out of the box, to begin sharing information safely and efficiently, without wasting time, money and resources building a file server from scratch.
- Automates setup and configuration with the “initial configuration task” tool.
- Supports unlimited users through included client-added licenses (CALs).
- Manage your information remotely through a web-based browser using Remote Desktop and the Microsoft Management Console.
The NX3100 NAS system integrates seamlessly into your Windows environment, taking advantage of the same management and protection tools you’ve already deployed. Integration with non-Windows clients is also effortless and transparent.
Headless operation and remote management are offered through the integrated Dell Remote Access Controller (iDRAC) and Java Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP). In addition, the Remote Desktop for Administration feature in Windows Storage Server 2008 R2 provides remote administration of re-occurring management tasks, saving valuable time and resources.
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.