Dell EMC PowerEdge R660
Built for versatility and optimal performance
The Dell PowerEdge R660 is a 1U, two-socket rack server. Gain the performance you need with this full-featured enterprise server, designed to optimize even the most demanding workloads like dense database analytics and high-density virtualization.
- Add up to two Next Generation Intel Xeon Scalable or Intel Xeon Max processors with up to 56 cores for faster and more accurate processing performancet.
- Accelerate in-memory workloads with up to 32 DDR5 RDIMMS up to 4400 MT/sec (2DPC) or 4800 MT/sec for 1DPC (16 DDR5 RDIMMs max).
- Support for GPUs including 3 x single-wide for workloads requiring acceleration.
Air cooled at peak performance
- New Smart Flow chassis optimizes airflow to support the highest core count CPUs in an air-cooled environment within the current IT infrastructure.
- Support for up to 8 x 2.5” drives and 2 x 350 watt processors.
- Achieve maximum efficiency with multiple chassis designs that tailor to your desired workloads and business objectives.
- Storage options include up to 8 x 2.5” NVMe/SAS4/SATA, plus up to 10 x 2.5” NVMe/SAS4/SATA, 14/16 x NVME E3.S Gen5.
- Multiple Gen4 and Gen5 riser configurations (up to 3 x PCIe slots) with interchangeable components that seamlessly integrate to address customer needs over time.
Cyber Resilient Architecture for Zero Trust IT environment & operations
Security is integrated into every phase of the PowerEdge lifecycle, including protected supply chain and factory-to-site integrity assurance. Silicon-based root of trust anchors end-to-end boot resilience while Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) and role-based access controls ensure trusted operations.
Increase efficiency and accelerate operations with an autonomous infrastructure
The Dell OpenManage systems management portfolio delivers a secure, efficient, and comprehensive solution for PowerEdge servers. Simplify, automate and centralize one-to-many management with the OpenManage Enterprise console and iDRAC.
From recycled materials in our products and packaging, to thoughtful, innovative options for energy efficiency, the PowerEdge portfolio is designed to make, deliver, and recycle products to help reduce the carbon footprint and lower your operation costs. We even make it easy to retire legacy systems responsibly with Dell Technologies Services.
Rest easier with Dell Technologies Services
Maximize your PowerEdge Servers with comprehensive services ranging from Consulting, to ProDeploy and ProSupport suites, Data Migration and more – available across 170 locations and backed by our 60K+ employees and partners.
Innovate where you never thought possible
Deploy massive compute anywhere with the latest family of powerful, secure servers engineered to accelerate automation and innovation.
Ready to work
The PowerEdge R660 delivers peak compute with ideal configurations for faster time to value.
Performance, meet versatility
Where performance and density meet. More compute in less space with this dense 1U server designed for demanding workloads including artificial intelligence, database analytics and high-density virtualization.
- Add up to two 4th generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors with up to 56 cores for faster and more accurate processing performance
- Accelerate in-memory workloads with up to 32 DDR5 RDIMMS up to 4800 MT/sec (1DPC)
- Maximize performance with up to 3X single-wide GPUs for finishing workloads faster
- Put more data in a smaller footprint with storage options that include up to 8 x 2.5" NVMe/SAS4/SATA, plus up to 10 x 2.5" NVMe/SAS4/SATA
Systems Management and Security Solutions
OpenManage systems management
Tame the complexity of your IT environment with Dell Technologies OpenManage systems management portfolio which uses tools and solutions to discover, deploy, monitor, manage, update and secure your PowerEdge infrastructure.
Integrate tools across your portfolio with PowerEdge iDRAC, OpenManage Enterprise and CloudIQ solutions that help organizations automate their server lifecycles, optimize operations and scale efficiently.
Stay protected at every phase of the product lifecycle with the PowerEdge cyber resilient architecture that helps accelerate your adoption of a Zero Trust security strategy. From the silicon root of trust, secured component verification, signed firmware and drift detection to BIOS recovery and dynamic system lockdown, you can rest assured that your servers are secure.
|Dell EMC PowerEdge R660 Specifications|
|Processors||Up to two 4th Generation Intel Xeon Scalable or Intel Xeon Max processors, with up to 56 cores and optional Intel QuickAssist Technology|
Note: DLC is a rack solution and requires rack manifolds and a cooling distribution unit (CDU) to operate.
|Form Factor||1U rack server|
|Bezel||Optional LCD bezel or security bezel|
|Embedded NIC||2 x 1 GbE LOM card (optional)|
Note: The system allows either LOM card or an OCP card or both to be installed in the system.
Note: The system allows either LOM card or MIC card to be installed in the system.
|GPU Options||Up to 3 x 75 W SW|
|Operating System and Hypervisors||
|OEM-ready version availabe||From bezel to BIOS to packaging, your servers can look and feel as if they were designed and built by you.|
Support & Services:
Dell Technologies offers complete end-to-end services
Optimizing the IT lifecycle is vital. We have expert services for all lifecycle phases that save you time and resources, reduce effort, and improve your IT experience.
Consulting services give expert guidance to help you grow, optimize and transform your IT environment at your own pace and budget. Dell employ a broad range of certified consultants and engineers, backed by program management teams, who can deliver deep technical expertise. Dell gives you the confidence that your project will be done right and on time.
Gain the freedom to focus on your business transformation with the support expertise and insights Dell is known for across the globe. Choose the right support based on the criticality of specific systems with available automated predictive analysis, collaborative third-party assistance and a Technology Service Manager.
ProDeploy Enterprise Suite helps you get more out of technology starting on day one. Residency Service provides ongoing transition assistance to accelerate adoption. Trust our experts to lead deployments from basic hardware installations through planning, configuration and complex integrations to help you achieve business outcomes today and tomorrow.
Training & Certification
Education Services offers an expansive suite of training services with multiple delivery methods, including instructor-led, self-paced online and virtual instructor-led training. With comprehensive and flexible training programs, we make it easy to ensure your staff has the skills they need to successfully manage and utilize your new technology to its full potential.
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.