Dell PowerEdge XE8640
Drive AI, HPC modeling and simulation workloads with superior performance
The Dell EMC PowerEdge XE8640 is a supercharge your compute performance with a 2 socket, 4U system designed to optimize the latest industry technologies. Drive AI, HPC and analytics workloads with superior performance.
Accelerate traditional AI training and inferencing, modeling & simulation, and other HPC applications with optimized compute, turning data and automating insights into outcomes with a 4-way GPU platform in the XE8640 air-cooled server.
- Leverage a powerful architecture and the power of two 4th Generation Intel Xeon processors with high core count of up to 56 cores and the latest on-chip innovations to boost AI and ML operations
- Four (4) NVIDIA H100 Tensor core 700W SXM5 GPUs for extreme performance, fully interconnected with NVIDIA NVLink technology.
- Improve training performance with up to 900GB/s bandwidth for GPU-GPU communication, 1.5x more than the previous generation.
- Host multi-tenant environments using virtualization options like NVIDIA Multi-Instance GPU (MIG) capability
Accelerated I/O throughput
- Deploy latest generation technologies including DDR5, NVLink, PCIe Gen 5.0, and NVMe SSDs to push the boundaries of data flow and computing possibilities.
- Up to four PCIe Gen 5 slots and up to 8 drives enable optimal expansion for high-performance AI operations.
- Supports NVIDIA GDS (GPUDirect® Storage), a direct data path for direct memory access (DMA) transfers between GPU memory and storage, increasing system bandwidth and decreasing latency and utilization load on the CPU
- 4U air-cooled design chassis supports the highest wattage next-gen technologies in up to 35C ambient
Cyber Resilient Architecture for Zero Trust IT environment & operations
Security is integrated into every phase of the PowerEdge lifecycle, including protected supply chain and factory-to-site integrity assurance. Silicon-based root of trust anchors end-to-end boot resilience while Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) and role-based access controls ensure trusted operations.
Increase efficiency and accelerate operations with an autonomous infrastructure
The Dell OpenManage systems management portfolio delivers a secure, efficient, and comprehensive solution for PowerEdge servers. Simplify, automate and centralize one-to-many management with the OpenManage Enterprise console and iDRAC.
From recycled materials in our products and packaging, to thoughtful, innovative options for energy efficiency, the PowerEdge portfolio is designed to make, deliver, and recycle products to help reduce the carbon footprint and lower your operation costs. We even make it easy to retire legacy systems responsibly with Dell Technologies Services.
Rest easier with Dell Technologies Services
Maximize your PowerEdge Servers with comprehensive services ranging from Consulting, to ProDeploy and ProSupport suites, Data Migration and more – available across 170 countries and backed by our 60K+ employees and partners.
Innovate where you never thought possible
Deploy massive compute anywhere with the latest family of powerful, secure servers engineered to accelerate automation and innovation.
Harness the power of AI
Drive traditional AI, HPC and simulation applications with optimized compute and accelerated throughput for automating insights into outcomes. Develop and deploy machine learning models, maximize AI initiatives with the latest NVIDIA® GPUs with a 4-way architecture.
Efficiently drive traditional AI training, HPC and data analytics applications with four high performance accelerators and air-cooling. Get the ultimate balance of performance, power and price with Intel® CPUs and the newest NVIDIA® H100 Tensor Core GPUs.
- Drive a wide range of AI workloads with two powerful 4th generation Intel Xeon processors and four NVIDIA H100 GPUs interconnected with NVLink®
- Built for dense inferencing in fields like oil and gas, finance and healthcare
- Boost performance with DDR5 memory and PCIe Gen5 support
- Support for the highest wattage next-gen technologies up to 35°C ambient temperature with a 4U air-cooled design
Transform your business
Strike the perfect balance between performance, power and cost when deploying a solution to suit your IT strategy.
- Next generation NVIDIA GPUs achieve superior AI performance in medical imaging, business decision making applications and most other applications
- Get continuous data processing and faster I/O performance with GPU Direct Storage transfers, bypassing server CPUs
- Scale with confidence thanks to support for up to 32 DDR5 memory DIMM slots, up to eight drives and up to 4 PCIe Gen 5 expansion slots
Systems Management and Security Solutions
OpenManage systems management
Tame the complexity of your IT environment with Dell Technologies OpenManage systems management portfolio which uses tools and solutions to discover, deploy, monitor, manage, update and secure your PowerEdge infrastructure.
Integrate tools across your portfolio with PowerEdge iDRAC, OpenManage Enterprise and CloudIQ solutions that help organizations automate their server lifecycles, optimize operations and scale efficiently.
Stay protected at every phase of the product lifecycle with the PowerEdge cyber resilient architecture that helps accelerate your adoption of a Zero Trust security strategy. From the silicon root of trust, secured component verification, signed firmware and drift detection to BIOS recovery and dynamic system lockdown, you can rest assured that your servers are secure.
|Dell PowerEdge XE8640 Specifications|
|CPU||Two 4th Generation Intel Xeon Scalable processors with up to 56 cores per processor|
|GPU||4 NVIDIA HGX H100 80GB 700W SXM5 GPUs, fully interconnected with NVIDIA NVLink technology|
|Drive bays||Front Bays
|Power Supplies||2800W Titanium 200-240 VAC or 240 VDC, hot swap redundant|
Note: No facility water to rack required.
|Chipset||Intel C741 chipset|
|PCIe||2 CPU configuration: Up to 4 PCIe slots (4 x16 Gen5)|
|Embedded NIC||2 x 1 GbE|
|Network Options||1 x OCP 3.0 (x8 PCIe lanes)|
|Dimensions and weight||
|Form Factor||4U rack server|
|Bezel||Optional LCD bezel or security bezel|
|Operating Systems and Hypervisors||
|OEM-ready version available||From bezel to BIOS to packaging, your servers can look and feel as if they were designed and built by you.|
Support & Services:
Dell Technologies offers complete end-to-end services
Optimizing the IT lifecycle is vital. We have expert services for all lifecycle phases that save you time and resources, reduce effort, and improve your IT experience.
Consulting services give expert guidance to help you grow, optimize and transform your IT environment at your own pace and budget. Dell employ a broad range of certified consultants and engineers, backed by program management teams, who can deliver deep technical expertise. Dell gives you the confidence that your project will be done right and on time.
Gain the freedom to focus on your business transformation with the support expertise and insights Dell is known for across the globe. Choose the right support based on the criticality of specific systems with available automated predictive analysis, collaborative third-party assistance and a Technology Service Manager.
ProDeploy Enterprise Suite helps you get more out of technology starting on day one. Residency Service provides ongoing transition assistance to accelerate adoption. Trust our experts to lead deployments from basic hardware installations through planning, configuration and complex integrations to help you achieve business outcomes today and tomorrow.
Training & Certification
Education Services offers an expansive suite of training services with multiple delivery methods, including instructor-led, self-paced online and virtual instructor-led training. With comprehensive and flexible training programs, we make it easy to ensure your staff has the skills they need to successfully manage and utilize your new technology to its full potential.
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.