Dell EMC VMAX 200K
Mission Critical Hybrid Cloud And Hyper-Consolidation
Sorry, this product is no longer available, please contact us for a replacement.
EMC VMAX 200K mission-critical storage systems take performance, availability, and agility to cloud scale. You’ll benefit from the VMAX3 architecture, which offers you new levels of performance and performance density. And now the industry’s leading Tier 1 array is also a data services platform for provisioning and managing mainframe, embedded file services, backup, and other rich data services.
EMC VMAX3 arrays let you provision storage virtually and set your service level objective with 1 click. Select SLOs for resources within your VMAX 200K, or via FAST.X to external storage including EMC XtremIO, VNX or third party storage. You’re on your way to automating, modernizing, and converging your data center infrastructure.
Select the EMC VMAX 200K storage array that best suits your block and file or mainframe workloads, with hybrid storage and the amount of flash you need. With the versatility of VMAX storage, you can easily consolidate thousands of mixed workloads and even deploy a hybrid cloud architecture.
The EMC VMAX3TM is incredibly well suited to solve the CIO challenge of embracing a modernized flash-centric data center and hybrid cloud while simultaneously trying to simplify, automate and consolidate IT operations. VMAX3 isn’t just bigger, better and faster – which it is – VMAX3 was designed as an enterprise data services platform that specifically addresses the new requirements of the modern data center while continuing to deliver the reliability and availability our customers have relied on for years.
With VMAX3, the industry’s leading tier 1 array has evolved into a highly scalable hardware platform with a complete set of rich software data services servicing internal and now external block storage. VMAX3 data services are delivered by a highly resilient, scalable and agile hardware platform that offers global cache, CPU (processing) flexibility, performance and high availability at scale while meeting the needs of the most demanding mainframe and open systems storage infrastructures.
- Scale performance and capacity to support high-demand online transaction processing (OLTP), online analytical processing (OLAP) for enterprise data warehousing (EDW), and big data applications
- Multi-core SMP and flash-optimized design to start small and grow to cloud scale in an efficient footprint that scales from 1,000 to 40,000 virtual machines per VMAX3 array
- Predictable service levels at scale to ensure achievement of service level objectives for new and existing storage workloads
- Always-on availability architecture with advanced fault isolation, robust data integrity checking, and proven non-disruptive hardware and software upgrades
- Six-nines availability for 24x7xForever operations using SRDF® software, the gold standard for multi-site remote replication
- Backup and rapidly restore directly from VMAX3 to Data Domain for reliable recovery and virtually no app server impact using EMC ProtectPoint
- Data at Rest Encryption (FIPS 140-2): secures data, meets regulatory requirements
- 1-click service level assignment to simplify provisioning, with automated service level objective delivery across thousands of mixed workloads (mainframe, open systems, block and file)
- Easily extend VMAX3 enterprise data services to external arrays with FAST.XTM, automating storage tiering across the data center and hybrid cloud.
- Gain better insight across your entire data center by using Unisphere 360 to aggregate, monitor, and report health checks for up to 200 VMAX / VMAX3 arrays, from a single screen