Dell PowerEdge MX7000 Chassis
Rack-based modular chassis for PowerEdge MX kinetic infrastructure
The Dell EMC PowerEdge MX7000, uniquely designed to support new processor technologies, new storage types and fabric advances well into the future, provides the foundation for software-defined environments. Tackle workload with capable compute, storage, and networking components. Designed to handle flexible ratio assignments for changing demands.
Dynamically scale and respond to changing needs
PowerEdge MX7000 hosts elastic compute and storage resources connected by a smart I/O fabric. Featuring an innovative design to accommodate streamlined transition to emerging technologies, the chassis delivers extensibility for evolving application requirements.
- Flexible 7U modular enclosure, with eight front-accessible slots, holds 2-socket single-width or 4-socket double-width compute sled and 12Gbps single-width storage sled combinations
- Low latency, cost-efficient 25Gb Ethernet, 12Gb SAS and 32Gb Fibre Channel I/O options
- Three I/O networking fabrics, two general purpose and one storage specific, each with redundant modules
- Scalable Fabric Architecture for multi-chassis networking up to 10 chassis
- Assured support for multiple future generations of server processor microarchitectures
Increase team effectiveness and accelerate operations
PowerEdge MX7000 includes comprehensive embedded systems management, Dell EMC OpenManage Enterprise – Modular Edition, which delivers key functions of OpenManage Enterprise management within the chassis for the entire environment – a single management point for compute, storage and networking. Deploy and monitor multiple chassis at once, roll-out changes and templates faster and integrate with third-party tools.
- Operational template methodology and comprehensive OpenManage RESTful API based on Redfish
- Flexible at-the-box Touchscreen LCD, wireless and traditional crash cart management options
- Remote server access with OpenManage Mobile application and the new Quick Sync 2 feature
- As with every PowerEdge server, embedded agent-free Integrated Dell Remote Access Controller (iDRAC)9 with Lifecycle Controller (LC)
Protect infrastructure and deliver investment protection
PowerEdge MX infrastructure embeds hardware and system-level security features to protect with a deep layer of defense and quick detection in order to recover, if breached. A Cyber Resilient Architecture extends across every aspect, including embedded firmware, data stored, the operating system, peripheral devices and management operations within.
- Security Development Lifecycle (SDL) model where security is an integral part of overall infrastructure design process and encompasses needs through the entire lifecycle
- Robust iDRAC APIs, such as WS-Man or RESTful API (compliant with Redfish standards) for automated deployment of hardware security features
- Aligns with key industry standards for cryptography and security such as NIST SP800-147B and UEFI Secure Boot
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.