Dell EMC PowerEdge VRTX Chassis
Transform your business with a data center under your desk
Get a Quote!
The Dell EMC PowerEdge VRTX integrates servers, storage, networking and management into a single office-optimized chassis. Increase efficiency by eliminating disparate hardware and multiple management tools with the scalable and easy-tomanage VRTX platform. A mini-blade chassis with a built-in storage system. Integrate servers, storage, networking, and management in a quiet, compact chassis.
Adapt and scale with an expandable, versatile platform
The PowerEdge VRTX was designed for remote-office and small-office environments with “under your desk” dimensions and quiet acoustics. The PowerEdge VRTX is built on a scalable business architecture so you can continually optimize your capacity and performance with future-proof compute, storage and networking options within a single chassis.
- Scale as you grow, with up to four PowerEdge blade servers as well as 12 x 3.5” or 25 x 2.5” HDD and GPU accelerators within its compact chassis.
- Mix and match the two-socket, half-height PowerEdge M630 and M640 server nodes and four-socket, full-height M830 based on your changing workload requirements.
- Easily add more storage by connecting to up to four MD1200 (12 x 3.5” drives) or MD1220 (24 x 2.5” drives) disk arrays in redundant or capacity-based configurations.
- Integrate networking through the 10GbE or 1GbE internal switch module or an optional 1Gb Ethernet pass-through module.
- Take advantage of flexible, expandable I/O with eight PCIe slots.
- Keep operating expenses in check with energy efficient Fresh Air validated configurations and standard power requirements.
Safeguard data with integrated security
Every PowerEdge server is made with a cyber-resilient architecture, delivering security into all parts of a server’s life cycle. Dell EMC considers each part of system security, from design to end of life, to ensure trust and deliver worry-free systems.
- Maintain data safety with cryptographically signed firmware packages and Secure Boot.
- Prevent unauthorized or malicious change with Server Lockdown.
- Wipe all data from storage media including hard drives, SSDs and system memory quickly and securely with System Erase.
- Add another layer of protection with optional FIPS-certified self-encrypting drives (SED).
Enterprise-wide systems management
Dell EMC Chassis Management Controller (CMC) lets you manage server nodes, shared storage, networking and power in a single console. Access CMC through an easy-to-use web interface that works with a variety of Dell EMC OpenManage tools including iDRAC with Lifecycle Controller. Choose to manage your VRTX with embedded agent-free management or inband.
- Use the OpenManage Mobile app to receive and take action on hardware alerts at the server or from anywhere, at any time.
- Streamline management in virtualized environments with OpenManage Integrations for VMware vCenter or Microsoft System Center.
- Get rapid, at-a-glance identification of remote system locations and health status with Geoview.
Drive business success with a data center under your desk
The PowerEdge VRTX modular infrastructure solution offers “under your desk” dimensions, ease of management and quiet acoustics so you can operate non-disruptively. Features such as Fresh Air validated configurations and standard power options help keep your operating expenses in check. Address a wide variety of workloads with future-proof compute, storage and networking options within a single chassis.
- Small and home office (SOHO) environments where data center access is not available
- Remote and branch offices (ROBO) that need local storage and have reduced network access
Adapt and scale with an expandable, modular solution
The PowerEdge VRTX is built on a scalable business architecture so you can continually optimize your capacity and performance with versatile, swappable components.
- Up to four hot-plug PowerEdge server nodes (4-socket M830 and 2-socket M640 or M630)
- Up to 12 x 3.5" or 25 x 2.5" HDDs/SSDs internal storage
- Up to four MD1200 (12 x 3.5") or MD1220 (24 x 2.5") JBOD disk arrays
- GPU accelerators (within the chassis) and NVMe drive options (within the M640)
- 10GbE or 1GbE, or Ethernet pass-through module options
- Up to three full height and five low profile PCIe slots
Simplify management with intelligent automation
Dell OpenManage intelligent automation enables you to spend less time on routine maintenance so you can focus on business-critical priorities. Plus, you can easily manage your VRTX components — networking, storage and servers — in a single console with the Chassis Management Controller (CMC).
Protect your business with integrated security
A comprehensive, cyber-resilient architecture with security embedded into every server helps to protect your data.
- Maintain data safety with cryptographically signed firmware packages and Secure Boot
- Protect server configuration and firmware from malicious changes with new Configuration Lock-down
- Scale safely on premise to help avoid security risks and rising cloud fees
Systems Management and Security Solutions
OpenManage systems management
The Dell Technologies OpenManage systems management portfolio helps tame the complexity of your IT environment with tools and solutions to discover, monitor, manage, update, and deploy your PowerEdge infrastructure.
PowerEdge and OpenManage solutions integrate tools across the portfolio to help organizations automate the server lifecycle, optimize operations, and scale efficiently.
PowerEdge servers are made with a cyber resilient architecture that builds in security at every phase of the product lifecycle, from the silicon root of trust and secured component verification, to signed firmware and drift detection, to BIOS recovery.
|Dell EMC PowerEdge VRTX Specifications|
|Server node options||PowerEdge M640, M630 and M830 server nodes|
|Power supplies||Redundant power supply units support 2+2 (AC redundancy) and 3+1 (power supply redundancy) modes
|Cooling||PowerEdge VRTX comes standard with 6 hot-pluggable, redundant fan modules and 4 blower modules based on Dell Energy Smart Technologies. The fans and blowers deliver low-power consumption, but also use next-generation fan technologies to ensure the lowest possible amount of fresh air is consumed to cool the enclosure.|
|RAID controller||Single shared PERC8 with optional second redundant shared PERC8 available|
|Drive bays and hard drives||
|JBOD expansion options||Chassis storage can be expanded even further by connecting up to four MD1200 (12 x 3.5” drives) or MD1220 (24 x 2.5” drives) disk arrays|
|GPU||Up to 2 single-wide actively cooled GPU accelerators (NVIDIA Quadro P4000)|
|Integrated networking – ethernet||
8 flexible PCIe slots:
|Systems management||Delivers comprehensive functionality yet simple and easy to use:
|Rack support||ReadyRails II sliding rails for 4-post racks with square, round or threaded holes|
Support & Services:
Dell Technologies offers complete end-to-end services
Optimizing the IT lifecycle is vital. We have expert services for all lifecycle phases that save you time and resources, reduce effort, and improve your IT experience.
Consulting services give expert guidance to help you grow, optimize and transform your IT environment at your own pace and budget. Dell employ a broad range of certified consultants and engineers, backed by program management teams, who can deliver deep technical expertise. Dell gives you the confidence that your project will be done right and on time.
Gain the freedom to focus on your business transformation with the support expertise and insights Dell is known for across the globe. Choose the right support based on the criticality of specific systems with available automated predictive analysis, collaborative third-party assistance and a Technology Service Manager.
ProDeploy Enterprise Suite helps you get more out of technology starting on day one. Residency Service provides ongoing transition assistance to accelerate adoption. Trust our experts to lead deployments from basic hardware installations through planning, configuration and complex integrations to help you achieve business outcomes today and tomorrow.
Training & Certification
Education Services offers an expansive suite of training services with multiple delivery methods, including instructor-led, self-paced online and virtual instructor-led training. With comprehensive and flexible training programs, we make it easy to ensure your staff has the skills they need to successfully manage and utilize your new technology to its full potential.
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.
Get a Quote!